Recaro LS in a 78 GTV2.0

Started by Paulos, July 14, 2023, 08:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulos

G'day, I'm waiting on dimensions from a seller of some LS recaro seats, and wondering whether anyone here had actual experience of fitting these in an Alfetta GTV?
While I'm at it, are there any tips on checking the seats are genuine?
Thanks in advance

LukeC

Yes, I have have LX and LS Recaros in a Alfetta GTVs. The width is good.

Not sure about the imitations, but the real ones have Recaro moulded on the adjuster covers.
Luke Clayton

qvae.com.au

Paulos

Thanks mate, I'm glad to hear they fit. I'm looking at a set that doesn't appear to have had much use from new, which appeals to me more than a reupholstered old set.
I can't see any Recaro branding embossed on the plastic covers in the pics I'm looking at. Might need some close-ups.
Thanks again 👍

giulia_veloce

Dont forget to get an Engineering certificate if you change the seats for road use.
Insurance will be void otherwise.

julianB

I have them as well and can highly recommend Cobra generic seat rails. They are way simpler than the factory rails and easy to fit
85 GTV6 "Juliet"
GTA conversion-
AHM ITB setup, Jim K manifolds & 10.3 cams, M84
17" Work Meister S1R
330mm Brembo front, vented rears
RS coilovers and bits
Recaro LX mesh headrest buckets

'68 step nose Junior "Romeo"
bare metal project

Paulos

Quote from: giulia_veloce on July 17, 2023, 03:42:31 PMDont forget to get an Engineering certificate if you change the seats for road use.
Insurance will be void otherwise.

Thanks mate, I'll look into that. I'm assuming recaros would be a bit of a no-brainer as a mod. They'd have to be a big improvement on the stock seats.

Quote from: julianB on July 17, 2023, 07:36:42 PMI have them as well and can highly recommend Cobra generic seat rails. They are way simpler than the factory rails and easy to fit

Noted, thanks 👍

Paulos

Just an update, I found out that the Proton Satria Gti came fitted with a set of LS style Recaros. I managed to find a pair and they fit perfectly in the GTV 👍