white blinker globes for front end

Started by Stu159, July 10, 2023, 09:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu159

Hi all, have just had to replace a blinker globe in the front end and found out that clear ones are no longer available. I'm not happy with the replacement ones as they are orange (see image) and display as such when they're not on. Does anyone know of a source to obtain the original clear ones?

Thanks
Stu 
Now: 159 V6 Q4 (2006)
Past: Alfetta GTV 2000L (1980) chrome

bazzbazz

It's the other way round, the original bulbs are supposed to be yellow, as by the owners manual PY21, the Y indicates yellow.

So the white ones you previously had are aftermarket ones, try your local Supercheap/Autobarn as they stock clear indicator bulbs in that range - P21W. Just double check the bayonet pins are positioned the same as the ones you have replaced.

Just check online though, as most states indicators must be yellow in colour and you could get an infringement notice for it if you come across a cop who is feeling particularly picky at the moment.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Stu159

thanks Bazz,

It's always had white ones and I bought my car as a dealership demo in 2008, with only a few thousand k's on it. I've never seen one with orange / yellow ones before? The previous globes flashed orange, but didn't look orange when they weren't operating. See image attached of other side without replacement globe, it looks completely different. I'll check again with my mechanic, but he was of the same opinion as I, in that these differ from the original globes

Cheers
Stu

bazzbazz

I believe you, consistency is not something that Alfa Romeo is known for.  :)

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Craig_m67

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Stu159

thanks again Bazz & Craig. I do love the forum. It's a must have for Alfa owners. I'm going to rejoin the Alfa Club next time there's an event I can attend, as I feel obligated to give something back.

The orange isn't a bad look really and I'm sure I'd get used to it, I just prefer the white. I'll report back when I've sourced some.

See image attached with both in for your viewing pleasure  ;D

All the best
Stu

Domenic

cough, cough

Italian Automotive Spares......cough, cough, cough.

The Alfa Romeo 159's originally had a chrome coated globe that flashes orange for the front indicators, so if you are still trying to get the correct ones give Italian Automotive Spares a call.

Stu159

thanks Domenic, I've acted on that already

All the best
Stu