Alfasud Rally Shocks

Started by Guy, January 23, 2009, 10:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy

Gaday, I'm new here, anyway I have recently bought a 1980 Alfasud TI and i intend to use it for rallys (dirt). I would just like to know what harder, or even adjustable shock abbsorbers are available. Also if anyone in SA has a wrecked Alfasud, I would be very keen to buy it, any help with all this will be greatlly appreciated.

Cheers, Guy.

Sportscar Nut

Guy

I suggest you ring a few wreckers (Milano/ Monza in Melb for eg) to see if you can find a set of second hand Kioni's or Bilstein's. Both are fully rebuildable and could be modified for rally specs. I have Koni Yellows in my Alfas and can highly recommend. You can purchase either Koni Red or Yellows and they can both be rebuilt to any spec required.

I am wrecking a 1982 Alfasud Ti with a Twin Carb motor and it has Koni Reds and may be interested in selling if you are interested (with other parts); let me know.

Regards
Paul

PS I have owned my Sud for 17 years and it has fantastic handling on the road but is very poor on dirt!

aggie57

Guy - I've pm'd you with some info and my contact details.

Alister
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Southern75

Sud ... the problem with it on dirt more than anything is the boxer engine's exhaust system gets squashed very easily.

dunno how they got around that problem in a subaru
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

david sammartino

easy, the engine sits about half a meter higher in the engine bay then in a sud lmao. sometimes i wonder why subaru just didnt use an inline four, the engine seems to sit so high.

Southern75

why not .. it works ... and works well.

If only alfa had continued with the sud/33 then we would have a rexy with soul!
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

david sammartino

works well when and where lol a wrx is subarus version of a sports car, similar to the sportivo range from toyota (thats right i love to sir the pot)

imo a sud is a much better car  :P