Brera Skylight Leaking - Roof Lining Peeling Away

Started by karen_mansell, May 17, 2023, 11:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karen_mansell

Hi, I'm after advice on how to fix a leak around the skylight (glass roof) of my 2007 Brera and then re-attach the roof lining which has started to fall down. The black seals around the skylight look a little uneven - the rear seal sits up higher than the side seals for example, and they do appear to have very fine cracks in them. Water has recently gotten in. A section of the roof lining fell down on the right-hand side behind and above the driver's seat. The sound dampening sponge/stuff that is normally attached to the roof lining material feels very wet and has come away from the lining material at this section. This sponge stuff has always felt very, very soft - if I touched it only slightly, a dent appears in the roof lining and stays there, so I never ever touch it. I just about always leave the retractable roof rolled back because of this, to make sure no-one touches it. Maybe all the sound deadening sponge needs to be replaced? Any help anyone can give me on this would be much appreciated. Also, if you know of a good 'professional' who could look at it, in the view to fixing it, that would also be wonderful. Cheers, Karen