Hello from Mudgee, NSW

Started by pbhawkin, August 09, 2023, 10:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbhawkin

HI all,

Now finally with some much appreciated guidance from Frank Saya I have bought a Australian delivered 1972 Series 2 spider veloce 2000. And so feel I can (now that I actually have a car!)  and should formally introduce myself.

I have been a member now for almost a year (was a member in Tasmania in the 80's in Hobart when i owned a 1974 Alfetta sedan for 7 years and then a 33 sportswagon, also for 7 years).

Essentially I wanted a 'turn key' car with little needing to be done so I could enjoy it straight away. I only received the car 2 days ago and got it Pink slipped yesterday and am now waiting on getting Historic Vehicle registration.
As with any old car there are some things that still need attention and also that I want done.
I have already acquired an original working Jack and tool kit, fixed the fallen off passenger quarter window lock, identified missing tubes from the heater to the windscreen and that the heater seems to be on all the time.
Discovered the joys of single speed (slow) two speed wipers! Found that the funny little button 'foot rest' is actually the (working) windscreen washer jet!
Yet to decide what to do with the too large 195/70/14 tyres (maybe see if I can part exchange them for 165 or 175/70/14?
And have a small list of other things to add, fix or alter.
The joys of having a new old car to play with.

I look forward to catching up with fellow members AND if ever you are in Mudgee please give me a call.

regards
Peter
Mudgee, NSW
1972 Alfa Spider