1998 GTV3.0 Resprayed/rebuilt Front Bumper.

Started by Ascari32, May 11, 2023, 04:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ascari32

Progress has been slow with my GTV, not helped by a thoroughly miserable winter, or the ongoing work with my 159.
It is looking good having reinstalled all the parts without damage or scratches to the paintwork.

However, after degreasing the cowl which fits over the front face of the oil cooler, I discovered that the spring clip which fits over the bottom, whilst two small bolts at the top crew into the upper edge of the oil cooler won't fit!!!

Although pleased with the quality of both the new cooler and the professional braided hoses + "Tee - piece" for the Oil Pressure Transducer, the cooler element is "Thicker" than the original.

This creates two problems. 1.) I shall have to remove the spring clip from the cowl, pull it forward to account for the extra thickness of the oil cooler and then re - pop rivet it in place so it functions as before.

2.) I am not sure how much the cowl will now protrude further towards the back of the bumper, around the intake screen/grid. So I shall probably have to trim some of the plastic off the cowl front face to allow it to sit properly without preventing the bumper from pushing fully home.

Hey - Ho! Weather is improving and it is nice to be able to get out and do some jobs in the sunshine. So that is a very big +