using vehicle ramps for a 156, spider & Giulietta progression

Started by cc, November 20, 2022, 09:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Hi
If anyone is using little vehicle ramps for any of the above, could they post their dimensions please eg ramp angle, height... where sourced (repco?)
My days of running the the passenger side wheels up on the gutter and wriggling underneath are drawing to a close : )
Have found using vehicle stands a bit tedious. (jacking up one side then the other)
As a subject of interest i ordered Petronas recommended products for the 156 & the Giulietta from Foleys in sydney and even after $30 freight for 9 litres, it was $60 cheaper than buying the same in Brisbane. Its noticeably old stock tho, slight patina of rust on the top of the selenia racing tin.
cheers

martym00se72

Ramps are all pretty standard. I also use extenders that allow the use of the ramps on lowered cars - they are attachments to standard ramps that allow a shallower angle initially so the spoiler car avoid being fouled. I recommend just getting a set of ramps - load bearing is the biggest parameter to be concerned with.
'83 GTV6 - 3.0 is in! Ohhh yeah!
'99 156 T-spark - Formula 98 ready!

What do people do with their old 2.5...?

poohbah

Its easy enough putting some boards or similar in front of ramps to get lowered cars up onto them without scraping. The issue I have is that the ramps themselves 9mine anyway) don't have enough height to allow me to wriggle under, and I'm only a little bloke.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)