Video of my 155 Q4 at the MSCA sprint yesterday at Sandown.

Started by jimnielsen, January 19, 2009, 10:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimnielsen

Two laps @ 1:30 - it was great...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6DPSQPoOUU

(you can watch the video in higher quality by selecting "high quality" under the video player screen....)

unfortunately it self destructed after that :)

If you are sick of waiting around for AROCA sprints, there is another MSCA one at Calder on Sunday, 15th Feb! See you there! (if I can fix the car...)

jimn~
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

hammer

Jim,

How do these times compare with your Guilietta times?

Bad luck about the engine malfunction. I hope the repairs are going OK.

Cheers,

Brent

jimnielsen

Giulietta did 1:26.75

155 Q4 did 1:29.88 (from datalogger not finishline - to finishline...)

Q4 is now in a million pieces....
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4

Sheldon McIntosh

Wow, 1.29 is pretty quick for that car, you sure you (didn't have) that rumoured 400hp?

Man, can't wait to drive that car for the magazine.  The people want to know Jim.......

jimnielsen

I'm not sure of the RW HP at present. Stock is 190 at the flywheel  - for a car that weighs 1445kg that's not a lot. I have made no changes to the engine/turbo - just tweaked the ecu software to enable boost at higher revs (but not more boost...). I have also removed approx 200Kg.  I have removed the 'cats'. The real improvement has been in handling - I have made a lot of changes there. I would estimate its current RW HP as about 220.  The datalogger says 222.  That would make it approx 5.4 kg per hp (as compared to the giulietta's 4.8)  When I have recovered from the current debacle, I am putting on a different form of turbo, so i will be taking the car to beninca's dyno.

My 155 Q4 is not road registered, so its probably not a good one for the magazine test - but I know a guy that has a beautiful 155 who lives near Geelong.

you can follow his exploits here...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-155/130531-shinys-155-project.html

I think he will let you drive it for the magazine! Maybe you could drive my Q4 as a comparison.
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4