SOLD... For Sale - Track Day Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - $2,500

Started by njh1964, July 28, 2022, 12:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njh1964

It's a 2002 Alfa 147, 5 door with a 2lt Twin Spark and 5 speed manual transmission.

The car has been fitted with an AGI 4-point half roll cage, which can be converted by AGI to a 6-point full competition roll cage. Also fitted is an Autotecnica Monza race seat along with 6-point racing harness. The rear seats have been removed and a fire extinguisher has been mounted within reach of the driver. "Aero" style bonnet clips have also been fitted to the carbon fibre wrapped bonnet.

There are a few bodywork dings and scratches, but no rust or accident damage. There's plenty of life left in the 205/55 R16 Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003 tyres, which are mounted on blacked out Alfa Romeo 156 rims. Also included are the four original Alfa Romeo 147 rims – two bare and two fitted with cheap tyres.

Recent (and extensive) mechanical work includes a refurbished (not modified) factory ECU, new front and rear brake discs with EBC Red pads all round, full brake fluid flush, new front upper and lower control arms, new front sway bar drop links, timing belt replaced, pulleys/tensioners replaced, accessory belts and water pump replaced, new radiator expansion tank, new cam cover gasket, new spark plugs and brand new clutch/pressure plate/slave cylinder. Engine coolant and gearbox oil have also recently been changed.

The current odometer reading is over 260,000kms. The engine blows a little smoke on cold start up, but it's strong and does not use an excessive amount of oil. Also included with the car is a spare 2lt Twin Spark engine – the engine purchase receipt shows the donor car had an odometer reading of around 128,000kms.

Don't tell my wife, but I've spent well over $7,000 buying the car, the spare engine, replacing worn/broken components and adding race accessories... but my loss is potentially your gain. I'm only asking $2,500 for a quick sale to a good home.

The car is currently road registered, so a local test drive is fine, but it will be sold unregistered and without a roadworthy certificate. I'm located in Cheltenham.

Please message me if you need more details or photos.

Now:
1968 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior - Complete Restoration Project
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - Track Day Car
Previously:
1974 Alfasud TI - First Car