Paint colour - teledial rims (answered)

Started by poohbah, March 13, 2022, 11:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poohbah

I've asked this on a couple of FB groups with no luck - I want to get some touch up paint to patch a small spot of kerb rash on the teledials on my '02 156 GTA, just as temporary fix til I get the rims refurbished sometime down the track.

Does anyone know the correct paint code/colour? I imagine its a standard silver colour used on all Alfas of the period.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Italian Supermodel

I would take a rim to a colour matcher /mixing shop and get it 100% , and get them to put it in a spray can with the rest of the formula in a bottle so it can be spot brushed.   The guys at Paintmobile (Cheltenham rd Dandenong) ,for anyone in that vicinity, are great at the mix and match .   A word of warning though.  Their Public Relation skills are questionable .From the Old Man, to the Son and now the Grandson it can sometimes be a scene from Faulty Towers.  They still have me returning as their range of products /accessories is amazing.

poohbah

Cheers, I'm in WA so would have to find somewhere local.

For those interested, I also now have an answer as to factory paint.

Apparently it is 612A Grigio Chiaro Met.

Have now ordered some from BCS (bcsautopaints.com.au). Have used them before, happy with the match they provided.

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)