Stelvio Quad - 6,000 kms and faulty rotors - Alfa deny a warranty claim.

Started by PPM, January 19, 2022, 05:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPM

Mine is 2019 Stelvio Quad - 2019 build. It was bought new in Nov 2020 and had driven only 6,000 kms at the time of the first service.

At the first service I reported brake pedal vibration which was diagnosed as "uneven rotors" and a warranty claim was submitted to Alfa by the dealer. Alfa have rejected the claim saying brake pulsation/vibration is not considered a manufacturing defect.

The car is a new, hardly driven and the rotors are defective. Should this be fixed under warranty?? Has anyone else experienced this level Alfa Customer Service?

lombardi

Very Disappointing to hear , such an $$$$$$ car .  I had a lot of issues with a new alfa i purchased a couple of years back ,  Dealer was disgusting , ended up going to fair trading and the press , finally FCA sprang into action and a favourable outcome was reached ,  but u know what they say , once bitten  twice shy ,   Subsequently i will not go near purchasing a new Alfa ever again  ................................  Apparently in the UK  same dealer disappointing service ...... So we are not alone
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

PPM

Thanks for responding. It's a bit disheartening that these new generation "re-launch the brand" cars come with traditional FCA service. My campaign has only just begun!

PJPAlfa

Try contact Alfa's customer assistance centre on 1800 870 713. Hopefully dealing with the company directly helps.

Colin Edwards

Brakes like tyres are considered a wear and tear item and not usually covered under warranty.   The manufacturer will typically argue the car has been driven aggressively and hard braking has caused the rotors to warp causing pulsation / vibration.  Happens regularly.

Try contacting an independent and asking for a quote to machine the brake rotors.  Given the car has only done 6,000 kms, the rotors should be well within their wear limit.
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5