1985 GTV6 - Ignition switch wiring confirmation

Started by harrysal, October 14, 2021, 02:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrysal

Hi All,

I'm chasing confirmation of the correct wiring order for the ignition switch,

car side has red/black/brown/green

However I've got a 3 wire ignition switch.

I assume green is to bypass the ballast resistor whilst cranking, however if I tap into the black wire which is only in use whilst cranking (ignition switch position 3), I end up with an endless crank.

Any thoughts that might help with this predicament?

Cheers,

harrysal

Thanks for the clarity Sportiva,

Are you aware of anyway to utilise the 3 wire switch on a 4 wire car,

I'm currently hunting a 4 wire ignition switch, however if I can avoid that at the moment and spend money elsewhere I won't complain.

Cheers!

GTVeloce

My 75 TS uses a three wire switch IIRC. The brown wire then splits into two just after the switch: brown into the fusebox and a green/black which feeds the ignition relays (EFI engine). My GTV runs a TS engine and I just used the green wire fromm the ignition switch to the relays. I can't see why you can't just tap into the brown before the fusebox and use that?

harrysal

Cheers for the confirmation,

Cars back up and cranking with spark. Will pop the pump back in tonight and with any luck it should fire up for the first time in 16 years.

harrysal

All grounds cleaned
New plugs
Pulled and flushed tank
New injectors and 34mm hoses.
New pump
New filter.
New distributor rotor
New cap
Confirmed 1kohms on all HT leads.
Drained oil and ran 10l through starting from the top with valve covers off and then refilled to 6.7l with New filter.
New timing belt and rebuilt detensioner

harrysal

So it fired and ran briefly with a quick squirt of ether,

However I've missplaced my noid kit in a recent move, injectors aren't being driven so will continue fault finding tomorrow!