1976 Alfa Spider resto

Started by kaymar, August 28, 2021, 03:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaymar

It's a 1976 US delivered. Someone has ditched the terrible US bumpers and replaced with earlier stuff. The front one was cut out with a gas axe and an earlier similarly scrounged and welded into position where metal met matal (I removed that). It'll remain LH drive, though I have yet to source a LH drive steering column.
As pictured is where I'm leaving the body work for the time being, which is all sound and repaired/replaced as needed (except front bumper and grill mounting).

A straw poll:- if it were offered for sale now, or with mechanicals and ancillaries attached, would you rather left in this state, where you could chose your own level of professionalism and colour finish. Or finished in its original colour cream (see pics) If I get to the decision stage and am able I'll leave it original cream.

I'm itching to get on with the spanner stuff now, and if I get rich, some Alfaholics suspension bits and wheels.

Brooom brooom

Craig_m67

Nobody is going to pay what you invest/spend returning it to its LHD glory, sorry

Build it for you, to your tastes, with money you're happy to never see again
Anything else is economic folly
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

kaymar

GTV-074

Kaymar are you building the car for yourself or to sell?

If its for you, as Craig said built it to suit you, to your preferred colour finishes etc. Personally i would change to RHD, get rid of those side reflectors etc, but thats your call.

If its for selling, its at a good stage to advertise it and let the new owner complete it to their own tastes.

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

kaymar

It was always going to be for me, however my health options have changed and and car options need thought. Thanks.