How many 3.2 Ti's were imported in Aus

Started by GTV6SA, August 24, 2021, 07:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTV6SA

Anyone know how nany 3.2 Ti's were imported into Aus? Not SA Q4's which have different trim

Ascari32

Craig_m67

All Aust. bound 3.2 were Q4 (I think)

The 1750tbi is the one to have (if you can find one)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Ascari32

I think, therefore, I can sense a greater affection for the 159 in Aus than U.K., where the front wheel drive versions are much more common. I travelled to Leicester to test a front wheel 3.2 JTS and left unimpressed by it.

The Q4, 3.2 JTS however is a very different animal. True, the engine is identical. However, I think the AWD and general build quality overshadows the engines shortcomings.

Improving the engines performance is something I have spent some time doing. But it is fair to say, the Q4 could sport virtually any half decent engine under the bonnet because the build quality is so much better than I had expected. It could, I think, cope with a V8 and rear wheel drive easily.

Alfatango

Quote from: Ascari32 on August 25, 2021, 01:42:59 AM
I think, therefore, I can sense a greater affection for the 159 in Aus than U.K., where the front wheel drive versions are much more common. I travelled to Leicester to test a front wheel 3.2 JTS and left unimpressed by it.

The Q4, 3.2 JTS however is a very different animal. True, the engine is identical. However, I think the AWD and general build quality overshadows the engines shortcomings.

Improving the engines performance is something I have spent some time doing. But it is fair to say, the Q4 could sport virtually any half decent engine under the bonnet because the build quality is so much better than I had expected. It could, I think, cope with a V8 and rear wheel drive easily.

I find the build quality on another planet compared to my previous GTs/156.

The Brera concept was launched with a maserati v8. Although in reality, I prefer the looks of the sedan.

Colin Edwards

A few 3.2's in the Victorian club.  Maybe 30% of them Q4's - say 5 or 6.
When I was hunting around for my manual Q4 I found some pre owned 3.2's were advertised as Q4's but were in fact FWD only! 
I figure the FWD 3.2's outnumbered the Q4's by possibly 4:1.  Maybe 100 3.2's in Victoria and say 25 - 30 of these Q4's - some of these autos. 
I was told my 3.2 Q4 manual Ti was a very rare beast in Australia.  I knew of 4 or 5 others in and about Melbourne.
So possibly up to 200 3.2's in Australia and maybe 50 - 60 of these Q4.s and then maybe 20 or so of these manual Ti's?
The PO of my 3.2 was a doctor.  It was his daily drive due to it being far quicker in the wet than his BMW SUV.  He was often called into Emergency and didn't like being late!  He upgraded to a Porsche SUV and has now replaced that with a Stelvio QV!   Bastard!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

GTV6SA

Would be good to know a definitive number of how many actual 3.2 Ti's. Awd. Were imported into Aus. Going from memory only 100 GTA's (156/147) were imported into Aus