Where have all the junior members gone?

Started by Daryl Susigan, December 27, 2008, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl Susigan

Hi there,

I'm new to this whole forum thing yet not new to the AROCA Vic Club.
I've been a member for just over a year now with the Alfa Club and have loved every day of it.
I joined with my Dad and we often compete in the sprint events. We "race" a 91' Alfa 75 together in the standard class.
It's Mum's shopping car on the weekdays and our race car on the weekends.

I am a junior member at the moment and I'm interested in finding out how many other junior members are in the club and compete in the sprint events. I am only 1 of 3 I currently know of and it would be nice to find out if there are any more.

If you are a junior member or are the parent of a junior member could you let me know as it would be nice to find out where all the other juniors are or have gone. ???

Thanks for reading my first blog, post, forum thingy.......

Daryl.

Mat Francis

Daryl,

Although technically not a junior anymore, i'm one of the younger ones going round (18). Similarly to yourself, i track my alfetta sedan as often as possible, and then drive it to work during the week. I have a younger brother who's 16 (and although not a member of this forum, i know he skulks around it on a regular basis), and we are in the process of putting 2 more sedans into a drivable state, one of which will be his road car.

There is also my mate Jimmy in a 318 bmw who makes regular appearances around the place.

I think the best turn out of juniors i have seen so far was the other week at the motorkhana at deca. There were almost as many juniors as adults driving!

I get the impression there's plenty of juniors out there, however i don't think many enter sprints on a regular basis, and also not many seem to be on the forum. From what i have gathered anyway. Hope to see you round :)
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Stephen Aarons

Hey Guys,

Like Mat I too am no longer a junior member, and due partly to financial, but mostly lack of suitable car, I haven't been to a full track day in some time.
I will be back out there soon pending my brothers decision whether or not to put his car back on the track.(and let me drive it)

Hope to see you all out there again very soon.

Stephen
1989 75 3.0 (Weekend Toy)
1982 GTV6 (Project)
        oo=v=oo
2001 156 (TS Cup Car)
2015 Nissan Navara (Daily drive/Tow car)