Alfa GT rear suspension replacement Sydney

Started by liminal, June 11, 2021, 04:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liminal

Hey all,

2006 GT rear struts starting to fail and need a replacement. What are we looking at roughly?

So far i've been quoted by Peddlers for $1500 for the two rears.

Thanks guys :)

I'm in Sydney and looking for recommendations

bazzbazz

Well Arese Spares in Sydney sell the shocks themselves for $170 ea. (And are usually genuine parts)
Add to that the upper mounts are $87 ea so your looking at a parts total of around $515, add to that a set of Dust boots/Bump stops & Freight and you're looking at around $600 in total.

So I am going to assume that Pedders are quoting prices on shocks that are a little more exotic than original, otherwise $900 for fitment seems a little steep. (But is no doubt the going rate)

Shop around and see what other prices are available, you'd be surprised.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

liminal

Sorry it took a while to get back LOL I was having issues getting back on.

But thanks for that, appreciate it. I just don't trust anyone anymore sadly, just dont know whats legit or not, when trying to get quotes.

McCarroll's got service there couple of years ago, they replaced some tyres as well, then later discovered they had put a $200 markup on each tyre

Frank's Pitstop Motors, I know they do a good job for mechanical things. But got my aircon done, Said he reset the aircon computers (am having issues with the blending motor) said it was all fixed. Put some special sealant to stop the gas from leaking out. Charged me $624 and now six months later its back to blowing hot air.

MRT Performance was the worst, have a leak in the Power Steering and changed me $700 for a "special chemical clean" so I could come back in a few weeks and get it checked for where the leak was coming from. Unbelievable.

It just reflects badly on the honest guys out there. You just get a mentality that everyone is trying to screw you over.

I don't know, I hope I'm wrong in general. 

Appreciate you answering, ill look those guys up. Thanks mate :)