Trying to register a 2000GTV

Started by MMXX, May 31, 2021, 10:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaleuclint

What???   Does this mean the saga is over???  Was looking forward to the next series...

As so often, it just takes one sensible intervention and through path of least resistance the rest just falls into line.  Well done!
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Craig_m67

Quote from: kaleuclint on August 14, 2021, 10:28:28 AM
What???   Does this mean the saga is over???  Was looking forward to the next series...

As so often, it just takes one sensible intervention and through path of least resistance the rest just falls into line.  Well done!

It's an unfeasonabily shiny red 105, the saga has only just begun (I hope not though)

..... because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our 105 Alfa's, it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones... rusty. :)

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

MMXX

Quote from: Craig_m67 on August 13, 2021, 06:54:11 PM
Hesús, what a massive palavasaga - well done for not killing somebody :)

If ever there was an example why some things in Aust. should just be a Commonwealth/Federal responsibility instead of multiple state entities with different rules/laws (cares), it's this.

I'd be looking forward to my first beer
(It's already open though)

Congrats

Thank you. It was worth it in the end, because it is such a beautiful machine :)
Quote from: Ascari32 on August 14, 2021, 01:36:53 AM
I admire your perseverance and the beautiful motor involved - Well done! Your "Glow" must be the same colour as the car!

I fell in love with the car as soon as I bought it, so I am chuffed to bits that I finally have this all sorted now. :)

Only took about four months in the end, and a few more grey hairs. Thank you!

Quote from: Craig_m67 on August 14, 2021, 11:06:32 AM

It's an unfeasonabily shiny red 105, the saga has only just begun (I hope not though)

..... because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our 105 Alfa's, it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones... rusty. :)

Believe you me, I've had it checked and a body shop go over it with a fine tooth comb as soon as I got it, and so far so good. I never thought getting the thing registered was going to the most difficult part of ownership of this car..

Beatle

Congratulations, and what sweet looking ride it is.  Though a few more pics wouldn't go unappreciated  ;)

CRAIG:  If the Feds had control the car and owner may have simply disappeared in the dead of night with evidence of their histories erased forever!
One advantage of the federation is that if it doesn't work in one State you can try elsewhere........  :-)

Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Alfonso

Congrats on finally getting it registered.  I think the solution you used was excellent.

I purchased a 105 GTV some years back and after sometime noticed that the chassis number on the WA rego document didnt match what was on the car - it was out by 1 digit.  Someone had mistaken an 'S' for a '5' (or something like that) back when it was registered in QLD.  I then moved to Victoria and when I phoned Vic roads to get the car registered I told them the story they advised to take it to Lygon street and get it inspected.  They then entered the corrected the Chassis number in their system and I got the car registered in VIC. When I moved back to WA some years later I re-registered the car using the correct Chassis number - so all good in the end. 

All it takes is for a public servant to make one typo to cause a world of bother and inconvenience.

My guess is that these sorts of stories are are not uncommon.