76 Alfetta GT removal of trim and reinstall after paint

Started by Paoloactive, May 24, 2021, 12:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paoloactive

Hi all,

I am looking for a classic car trim / moulding remove and reinstall service for a 1975 Alfetta GT coupe which has external & internal stainless steel trim / moulding.
Remove and reinstall:
RH & LH doors around the window (an upside down U) x 3 (2 doors = 6 pieces)
RH & LH doors external sills x 2
Rear passenger window external sills x 2
RH & LH doors internal sills x 2
Rear passenger window internal sills x 2 (1 is already removed)
RH & LH front door vent windows
Please refer to photo (not my car but the same model).
The idea is to remove the trim, take the car back to the panel beater to complete the painting, take the trim to be repaired and polished (I have organised a professional).
Once the paint is completed and the trim is ready, reinstall the trim with the set of new seals and weather strips.

GTVeloce

I'm fairly confident Paul from Rankins Panels could do all of that for you. He can even paint it and has done many Alfas in the past. They are in Bayswater.

Paoloactive

Hi, yes thank for that.  I have spoken to Paul on the phone. He is flat out and he is very far from Footscray.
There's got to be more than one bloke in Melbourne on this side of the city able to remove trim / moulding or am I being too optimistic?
Thanks for taking the time.
Cheers, Paul

Italian Supermodel

Hi,  I removed all the brightwork trim myself off my car as the previous owner had gone to a lot of trouble to powdercoat it all in black (well he thought it looked good!). Had it all professionally blasted then I reinstalled it.
With a little bit of patience, gentle hands and some awareness of the pop rivet points it can be a rewarding thing to undertake and achieve.
I'm happy to assist.
This is how mine turned out.

Colin Edwards

Have you called Bruno or Giancarlo at Maranello Pursang?  They are in Brunswick - not far from Footscray!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: GTVeloce on May 24, 2021, 08:54:31 PM
I'm fairly confident Paul from Rankins Panels could do all of that for you. He can even paint it and has done many Alfas in the past. They are in Bayswater.

+1 for Paul....Colin, happy to chat if you require...
Phil

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: massiveluvbuddy67 on May 25, 2021, 06:50:13 PM
Quote from: GTVeloce on May 24, 2021, 08:54:31 PM

+1 for Paul....Colin, happy to chat if you require...
Phil

Good call on Bruno or Giancarlo...they will know who you can trust out your way (so can Mary!)

Paoloactive

Yes I will give them a call for their advice. Thanks for the assistance. Cheers, Paul