1750 Block oil gallery drillings

Started by Joppa, January 27, 2021, 12:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joppa

Hi guys,

I was wondering if I may gain some advice on who has a reputable ability to drill the oil galleries (#2 and #4) in a 1750 block?  From my understanding, I'll need to have this done as I've collated some go fast bits from Spruell over the past year and this motor will see much higher revs than standard.  SA445/424 Cams, 10.5cc JE pistons, Carrillo I-Beams etc

I was thinking of using the services from QV Automotive Engineering?  Luke has already rebuilt my steering box (seems good but haven't installed it yet).  Though thought to seek some advice on the oil gallery mods.  Has anyone had this done and any advice on who is properly set-up to perform the task (Australia only please)?  I'll also get them to tap the crank plugs (piece of mind really) and maybe even supply some roll pins? 

On a side note, my motor never had roll pins installed in the block.  I have purchased a higher capacity oil pump (and Viton seals) so also need advice on whether restricting the oil gallery with pins (brass or steel) will be beneficial?  Seems logical to me, higher flow to the main/rod bearings and less for the cams (even high lift cams), but I'm an amateur with Alfa engine modifications and everything seems to have its pros/cons, so will greatly appreciate any advice on who I should send the block/crank too

Thank you all

Steven

P.S car is still with the spray painters, as are many other parts which seem to all have a 6 month covid delay!  So might as well dry build the motor and get this part sorted.

Craig_m67

I would highly recommend this gentleman, if he's not too busy. 
His name is Scott Murray and is in Vic/MELB.

http://www.enablieri.com/
https://www.instagram.com/e_n_a_b_l_i_e_r_i/

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Joppa

Thanks Craig, sounds like someone for the task, I'll give him a call hopefully he's not too busy

Steven

17fitty

Hey Joppa,
For engine build ive had George Brook build me a 2lt recently and is pretty much across the road from where your 1750 is now-have a look at brook308 posts on here to give you an idea of what he gets up to-also we use east coast engine builders in Nambour and have been very happy with service and price etc-if you want Georges number let me know (your 1750 is a time warp-i had a sneak peek)