Newbie to alfa 159

Started by OzzyAlfa159ti, October 25, 2020, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonno

Further to my earlier post on boot release, find attached screenshot of Page 102 of Owners Manual.

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi
The car isn't here at the moment but I don't think I have that button in the middle of the roof light

OzzyAlfa159ti

If I recall correctly it's just a dummy button

specimenX

Aside from the FOB, you most likely only have the Push-Badge boot release along with emergency release cord under the rear passenger side seat. Its all i have !  2009 Ti model also.

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi
Thank you for your help
When you say push badge release,do you mean the the alfa rear badge ?

specimenX

That's the one. You'll know if its equipped with push button as the badge will have a "spring" to it. If it does have a spring to it and still not opening follow the instructions detailed in this thread regarding Independant boot release and set to on. Once enabled, lock the car with FOB, then unlock immediately with FOB again. You should now be able to push the badge to open boot.

kaleuclint

My 2.2 had the internal boot release button; my Ti has the badge-push.  You get one or the other.

I have two cigarette lighters somewhere, and two ashtrays, but no idea where I put them.  First things I remove.  If you're not a smoker Maria (a practice forbidden in all my cars), just get yourself a USB charger instead.  Much more useful and better for everyone.

You might want to look at this thread:
https://www.alfaowner.com/threads/hidden-surprise-feature-on-my-159sw-list-yours-here.284595/
159s have lots of features not revealed in the owners manual, but what you get depends upon the year.

2011 159ti 1750TBi

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi
Thank you so much for your help guys.
specimenX it worked perfectly with the badge set up
Thank you so much.

kaleuclint thank you for the link and for explaining the 2 different cars you have with the difference in boot release and with the USB charger idea.

Another 2 questions.

On the roof light panel, I have a light that flashes when I insert the key in with a backwards facing person .it turns off after a few seconds.is that a warning light for child restraint? Trying to upload pics but saying files to large.

And on the right side of the steering wheel the panel with the dial for lifting and lowering the headlights, there is a km button what's that for? also a P button that does nothing when I press it ?

Then 2 buttons far right of the panel with headlight symbol. The top one is fog light that works but the bottom does nothing.

Kind regards Maria

bazzbazz

Did you get an owners manual with the car?

All that information is contained within.

If you don't, an owners manual can be downloaded from here -

http://aftersales.fiat.com/elum/Model.aspx?brand_code=83&id_language=2&id_model=7ee9e731-6409-47b9-8595-1c753fa3c6bb&market_code=EN_EU&cat=lib#1
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi
Sorry that I'm asking alot of questions
as I didn't get the owners manual but the original owner had it but can't remember where he put it,

Thanks for the link.

The car is a TI with lowered suspension, 19 inch wheels , electric seats, electric folding and alloy
mirrors, side skirts ,brembo brakes but my registration papers doesn't say Ti on it , my stupid insurance company won't insure it as a TI.

is this a normal thing not to say Ti on the registration papers?

What else does a ti have from a non ti model.
It's a 2.2 jts 2009.

When I signed up to elum, for the owners manual and put in my VIN number it came up as a
159 2.2 jts elegante lusso Ti

Kind regards Maria

Again sorry for all the questions

bonno

Hi Maria
There were three levels of trim options available for the 159 iaw Wikipedia and from your description yours is theTurismo Internazionale (TI) fitted with the 2.2 JTS. The insurance company could be getting confused with the later more powerful unit having the 1750 Turbo engine (refer  to Wiki link for all the models).   
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_159

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi bonno
Makes sense

Thank you so much for your help Again

Regards Maria

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi guys

Ok so was washing the car and noticed the on the rear wheel arches that it might be missing the inner guards
On both sides , the reason I say this because they felt like hard carpet?
Are they meant to be plastic?

I'm starting to think that what I'm seeing and feeling is the underside of the boot liner.

Geez I hope not

Kind regards Maria

bazzbazz

No, what you are feeling are the correct inner guard linings. The carpet like materiel is used because of its road noise sound deadening properties.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

OzzyAlfa159ti

Hi
Oh ok thank you for explaining.

The front inner guards are definitely plastic.

Kind regards
And again I'm sorry to bother everyone.