Greetings from Central Coast

Started by GTV6FLETCH, July 19, 2020, 08:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTV6FLETCH

Hey all,
Gday from the central coast .
I have been an Alfa nut since I was about 10 years old as I grew up in a family that all had and loved Italian cars .
My 1st Alfa was a 79 GTV 2L that I bought off my Uncle when I was 18 years young .
Over the years I had several more 2L GTV's come and go .
Move forward 10 years and I get married and buy house and start having kids , ( my NON Alfa period )
Early 2000's I see a RED GTV6 cheap and buy it , turns out to be a 81 GTV 2L that previous owner had transplanted a 2.5 L V6
I get it registered and drive that for a few years loving it .
Around 2005 my Uncle passes away and leaves his pristine 74 Alfetta 1.8 to my sister .
I see a GTV6 Grand Prix in the trading post owned by a doctor on the Northern Beaches and just had to have it .
I keep the 2 x GTV6'S Registered for a year and cant justify the insurance and rego for so many cars so I park them both up in my garage .
Find a 164 with 3L 12V and buy it for the 3L 12v motor .
2013 Buy my wife a MITO  (She loves it still today . )
And finally last week my sister who inherited the 74 1.8 Alfetta rings and suggests I come to QLD to pick up the little blue beauty to get it back on the road .
So now I have become the custodian to a very special little Le Manns blue Alfetta that has a very special part in my family .
I look forward to getting the blue Alfetta and the GTV GP both on historic rego and showing them to the world , oh and of-course cant wait to hear that glorious Alfa rumble again.
Cheers all
Hope to meet some of you in the future and see all your special Alfa's.
Adam...
Now
81-GTV-2.5L
86-GTV6-GP
13-MITO (WIFEY'S)
74-ALFETTA SEDAN 1.8
Gone
multiple GTV 2L

GTV6FLETCH

had probs attaching all the shots
the Alfetta after a wash and polish today
Now
81-GTV-2.5L
86-GTV6-GP
13-MITO (WIFEY'S)
74-ALFETTA SEDAN 1.8
Gone
multiple GTV 2L

GTV6FLETCH

mito and GP.
Now
81-GTV-2.5L
86-GTV6-GP
13-MITO (WIFEY'S)
74-ALFETTA SEDAN 1.8
Gone
multiple GTV 2L

bonno

Hi Adam
Welcome aboard and what a wonderful story of your experience and passion for the Alfa Romeo marque. The Alfetta sedan looks brilliant and can appreciate your connection, as it has been in the family since new. Hope to catch up on an AROCA club run or event in the near future. 
Cheers
bonno
Frank

Alfetta77

Welcome Adam! - thanks for sharing your Alfa stories.
Current:  Alfetta GTV 1977 Silver
Previous: Alfetta GTV 1980 Red

gtvsix86

Welcome Adam the Grand Prix have always been my favourite