ABS Speedo

Started by 105greg, May 27, 2020, 08:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

105greg

Just picked up a very well sorted road track 156 twin from a good friend of mine. Over the moon. Immaculate it will be . Is throwing ABS light after driving for awhile at same time Speedo stops.  Lights go out after shutdown. My Recently cheap ob11 analyser won't read .   I suspect it's the sensor to One of the wheels.   Is the Speedo specific to one particular wheel .        Recommendations for an Alfa specific OB11 would be great, I'm old school so would prefer hand held unit in case.   Thankyou in advance if you have time.

bazzbazz

It could be a wheel sensor, could be one of the ABS power supply fuses on top of the battery, could be a problem in the ABS unit itself. Without looking at the system with Alfa dedicated diagnostics you're just taking pot shots in the dark and wasting your time.

I haven't come across a hand held unit that works with Alfas, you need a laptop & suitable Alfa Diagnostic software. Plus to read anything other than Engine/Gearbox (thus the ABS) you'll need a set of adapter cables.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

105greg

Right.   I keep plugging away .   Otherwise you are going to have to pick me up st the train station again .  Thanks Bazz. 

105greg

Adding to this story that might be helpful for members. Purchased diagnostic cables from uk and downloaded multiecuscan. Error ABS speed sensor but unfortunately does not specify which one . By chance I pulled of passenger side wheel removed sensor and sprayed WD40 down the hole. A whole lot of crap came out of the hole, cleaned ABS sensor re fitted and boom, problem solved no ABS light and Speedo now functioning. It appears over time brake dust gets between the sensor and the hub .