impulsive drive-79 Alfetta

Started by sudsy, April 10, 2020, 01:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sudsy

Just had an impulsive late night drive down to the Cotter Reserve ..

By goodness it was fun and a sheer delight. ;)

Now the car's running aberration is sorted, and with fresh matched tyres I could not resist.

The only impediment were the roos..Thought they'd gone to bed by now (1AM)..

A cool Autumn night seems to be the engine's preferred induction, and driving in socks...perfect.

This is not a traffic car, and I keep forgetting that.
I have to remind myself not to attempt traffic in the Alfetta.
Sorry she's a toy not really transport..
Gone not forgotten
74 Sud Ti
74 Sud L
74 Alfetta
79 Sud 1.5 Ti
78 GTV
86 75 2.5

Current
79 GTV
79 Alfetta

Mick A

Would you call that "essential travel"?

aggie57

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

kaleuclint

2011 159ti 1750TBi

giuliasuper

1972 Giulia Super
1982 Giulietta
1988 Spider Quad
2001 Spider
1969 GTV
1991 Spider

sudsy

yes you are all correct.!!

Isolated in my car by myself, going for a drive through remote country roads..what WAS i thinking..

Meanwhile, put your hands up those who have driven to the local liquor for essential supplies?
Or even dawdled a little longer to buy grog after doing you essential grocery shopping of 150 rolls of loo paper.

Thats the last you'll hear from me on here.
Gone not forgotten
74 Sud Ti
74 Sud L
74 Alfetta
79 Sud 1.5 Ti
78 GTV
86 75 2.5

Current
79 GTV
79 Alfetta

bazzbazz

Quote from: sudsy on April 11, 2020, 06:08:21 PM
Meanwhile, put your hands up those who have driven to the local liquor for essential supplies?

Hahahahahahahahah . . . .Oh BURN! . . . . .Touche! . . . . Go on, argue with that come back . . . I dare you all.   

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Mick A

Isolated in my car by myself, going for a drive through remote country roads..what WAS i thinking..

Or even dawdled a little longer to buy grog after doing you essential grocery shopping of 150 rolls of loo paper.

Sorry mate, you don't get it.

People like you ruin it for everyone else.

Think outside your little box, be a little less selfish.

Take care.

aggie57

Quote from: bazzbazz on April 11, 2020, 07:18:45 PM

Hahahahahahahahah . . . .Oh BURN! . . . . .Touche! . . . . Go on, argue with that come back . . . I dare you all.   

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, I went to the bottle shop yesterday on the way back from our now weekly grocery shop.  I donned my mask, stayed 2m from others, used a disinfected shopping basket, sanitised on my way back into the bubble we call home.  All controlled and compliant like.

In contrast the other day a fellow drove his Mustang off the side of the Angeles Crest highway just outside LA.  Just what is needed now, not.  There will be times and places to enjoy our cars again, now is not that time.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/watch-crane-pulls-mustang-boss-302-cliff/
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM

Mick A

Quote from: sportiva on April 13, 2020, 01:00:02 PM

OK everyone settle down! if you think sudsy did the wrong thing I think he got the message.
There aren't enough 116 owners on this forum as it is, we dont need to rub it into a forum member enough for them to leave.
After all, this section of the alfavic site has a lot of people who have enourmous knowledge of the 116 and 105 series cars. sudsy had 87 posts some were a little critical of ergonomics ect. But he did show some dedication to the forum.
Unlike a lot of the posts for the FIAT derived cars were there are constant 1 to 3 post questions asked by posters who have no real interest in Alfa Romeos all they want is advice without any contribution, and their lucky they have baz who porvides honest advice to all who ask and them backup from those with the Fiat Romeo knowledge.

If he wants to have a sook about it, that's his problem.

kaleuclint

Quote from: bazzbazz on April 11, 2020, 07:18:45 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"Driven"?? 

Dan's is at the end of my street.  I wouldn't drive there. 

Walking there is exercise.  Lugging a slab home is definitely exercise.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Mick A

MD

Hey SUDSY,

Mate getting kicked in the nuts on any Forum is never a nice experience and we have all had that dubious pleasure at one time or another. Everybody here is usually helpful and if you take the comments as being helpful in terms of outcomes for the public, you can see that things are well intended. Continue to enjoy one of Alfas great cars within the current public health guidelines and no one is going to reach for the tar and feathers.. :)

Cheers.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

bazzbazz

Quote from: Mick A on April 13, 2020, 08:03:13 PM
Haha!

Shalom!!

L'Chaim . . . . Hic!   :)

(Oh crap! We're back at the bottle shop again!   ::) )
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

aggie57

Quote from: sportiva on April 13, 2020, 09:24:15 PM
And as I write this someone is doing laps of Newcastle in a light plane, judging by the sound of the propellor pitch and the less than a straight line projectory. I would say it is probably not essential travel.
Funny you say that. I live close to an airport with a lot of private jets, they seem to be happily buzzing about while commercial flights are pretty much all cancelled. 
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977.