Hi......newbie here

Started by Allthehelpicanget, January 21, 2020, 11:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allthehelpicanget

Hi guys,
I've just registered, and thought I'd say hi.

I'm looking for a new Alfa, having never owned one previously, but always lusted after one.

All my mates have them, and I have to date driven Japanese stuff, and have now decided my latest acquisition will be an Alfa. I love Japanese stuff, and their precision, and the way they resolve their issues. What they lack is personality, passion, and the ability to make you feel special.

I'm in the process of test driving a few cars, with a view to buying soon, so if anyone has a 159 TBi manual, or Giulietta manual to sell please let me know. (Only full service history vehicles will be considered.)  As my name suggests, I'm open to all the help and advice I can get from the experienced members!!!!!!!!!!

As with many of you, I am very particular, and very clinical with the way I manage my vehicles.

Servicing  and maintenance is always done according to specified, or better than specified intervals, and my cars are always in showroom condition (well.......until we had our first child.......then my wash and wax regime sort of lapsed a little).

Nice to log on and say hi!

Cheers
Rob

Malcolm

Hi Rob, welcome to the Alfa family when you make your purchase, be very careful however as we all know ALFA stands for Always Looking For Another. Cheers Malcolm
Malcolm Ebel
Life Member AROCA SA
Membership Officer
membership@alfaclubsa.org.au
04309 14 309
1st Car, Morris 8/40 Bakers Van.
2004 Alfa 147Ti 5spd manual(Sold).
1976 Alfetta 2L GT race car (Sold)
Current
2009 Alfa GT 3.2 Litre 6spd manual.
2005 Alfa GT 2 Litre Selespeed to Super Sprint

Allthehelpicanget

Thanks for the warning.
My wife tells me that I become obsessive with my hobbies!!!

Cheers
Rob

bonno

Welcome aboard Rob and hope you find the Alfa your after in the not to distant future. Here is a simple check list that may assist in making your decision on the right car.
1.   Log book servicing available (in particular check for timing belt change and serviced every 10K).
2.   Operators Manuals available.
3.   2 sets of keys
4.   Radio code available.
5.   Check for accident damage front and rear, in particular boot well and front apron.
6.   REVS check available No financial/ repairable write off.
7.   Evidence of oil leaks engine and gearbox (look under car and see it is dry/No oil stains were parked).
8.   Check engine oil cap for any sings of milkiness (condition of head gasket).
9.   CV joints and boots in good order (Look under front of suspension for split rubber boot/noise when turned full lock slow speed no clunk noise).
10.   No evidence of rust.
11.   No signs of internal water leaks dampness smell.
12.   Check all lights operational including blinkers.
13.   Check Air Conditioner working cold.
14.   Check electric windows working
15.   Engine accelerates well with no hesitation throughout the rev range.
16.   Shift gears smoothly, (syncos in good order).
17.   No warning lights remaining on, ie; Air Bag/ EMS.
cheers
bonno