156 JTS Aircon blend doors

Started by sportiva, December 10, 2019, 04:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportiva

I was here

bazzbazz

Ok, first thing I would suggest is that you reset the AC ECU.

1/ Disconnect battery and connect positive and negative wires together for 30 min to completely power down all circuits.
2/ Reconnect battery and turn ignition to MAR for at least 90 seconds, you should hear all the flaps and vents resetting during this.

If you have MES you can use it to actuate and test both left and right mixing actuators to check they are working correctly.

When was the last time the system was re gassed?

The reason why I ask is that what you describe is also sometimes a symptom of low refrigerant. I KNOW IT SHOULDN'T work like that but IT DOES! I have had many a time the symptoms you describe, and after resetting the system and then vacuuming and refilling system with correct amount of refrigerant all is working well again.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

bazzbazz

There are two blend doors, left side & right side.

Pressure is more of a indication to how the system is operating, not an indication of the correct amount of refrigerant. The only way to know if the correct amount of refrigerant is in the system is to empty, vacuum and refill with the correct amount.

Are you using R134a or Hychill gas?

And I am not saying that there is nothing wrong with your blend doors, just without the correct diagnostics there is no way to tell.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au