ASR ON OR OFF

Started by alfa 156 TI, November 13, 2008, 04:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfa 156 TI

I have the Alfa 156 2004 TI manual and am just wondering whether turning the ASR (anti-slip regulation) off will give me a more enjoyable drive?

Brad

Jekyll and Hyde

If you like wheelspin, yes.  Although (assuming 4 cylinder), you'd have to be giving it a fair bit of right foot or have wet roads to get much wheelspin.  Realistically you'll rarely have the ASR kick in, and all turning it off is going to do in a front wheel drive 156 is give you understeer if you do give it that much accelerator.

If you were going around the track in it, you could possibly gain a little bit of time by pushing the limits, but on the road, I'd say leave it on - you won't notice any difference in day to day driving, and it may just save you going up a gutter in a roundabout one day when the road conditions catch you off guard.

Neil Choi

Hello Brad

This youtube thingy link might be of interest in regards to ASR.

It is a 147 GTA with ASR on and off.

Neil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf08lPDi05U&feature=related

Scott Farquharson

In a 156 you don't need that much right foot for wheel spin, really in a front drive car why would you want it off?
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

alfa 156 TI

Thanks Scott, Neil and Turbo for your feedback.

After taking all your comments into consideration and watching Jeremy drive the 147GTA, I will definitely keep the ASR on.

Brad