AROCA Annual Motorkhana Nov 16

Started by a sharp, November 12, 2008, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a sharp

The DECA driver training centre is the venue for our annual Motorkhana, those who went last year had an absolute blast and were still grinning 3 days later at the Club night. This is the most fun you will have in your car since you started using the back seat for kids! For those who have not done a motorkhana, it is a test of driving skill on a low speed (normally 1st and 2nd gear only) course between witches' hats. The car that covers the course correctly in the least amount of time wins. This is the safest from of motor sport and the Club actively encourages the participation of junior members. This is a great way to teach both basic car control and accident avoidance skills. There will be several experienced drivers available for in-car instruction on the day. The club also has access to other areas of the centre ideal for those just about to beginning driving to learn basic driving skills in a suburban street scape without any traffic, under the supervision of a licensed parent. Come along for the whole weekend or just The Motorkhana, but be there. Entry is free. Supp regs and entry below.  To book please contact Anthony at membership@alfaclubvic.org.au or 0400 596 004

alfagtv58

Weather report for Shepp on Sunday;

Partly sunny, winds from the south @ 11km/h, 23 degrees.

Perfect!!  Woo Hoo  ;D
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Mat Francis

and here i was hoping for a bit of rain to make the day a little more "interesting."

realistically though great news Phil, it will make the three hour stop on the side of the freeway to fix the car when it breaks much more enjoyable.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Mat Francis

and i take it as these are the patterns?
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Colin Byrne

Yes can't wait, the blue smoke machine will be back for round two, even waking on a new head gasket tomorrow for the occasion!,

Hey phil is the wrx going to make an appearance?
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

alfagtv58

1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Mat Francis

This would wanna be as much fun as i hope, i just turned down a drive in an MGF cup car for tomorrow!
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

alfagtv58

How much fun was that!!  Not many entries, but every one of us had an absolute ball!

I even managed to get our president Barry into the car for one test......the look on his face afterwards was a mix of ghostly white and I'm gunna be ill green   ;D
2009 159 JTS Ti

Colin Byrne

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.  Old bluey even managed to get me to work this morning after the thrashing I gave it yesterday

Phil have you got over the last garage incident yet ;)

who ended up with all the results?
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

alfagtv58

Quote from: Colin Byrne on November 17, 2008, 10:21:54 AM
Phil have you got over the last garage incident yet ;)

No......that's going to take some time  >:(

;)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Simon Bidese

do tell for those that could make it?????

alfagtv58

Last test of the day, the one that uses the entire skid pan, I buggered up the first run big time.  So i nailed the second run and was on a pretty quick time braked too early coming into the garage and was going to finish with the back of the car outside the garage so I eased off the brake pedal and back on it again....but alas the front ended up about 3.5mm outside, so i got pipped for the quickest time  >:(  At least thats my story and I am sticking by it!!
2009 159 JTS Ti

Simon Bidese

don't u hate that....just when u think u are going to take away the troughy...and then the brain to foot connection fades!!!!!

any photo's guys?

Mat Francis

there were a lot of people running around with cameras- there should be hundreds! my mate and i had a camera in the car all day, soon as we got home we re-lived the whole thing  ;D

For anyone else that is interested, i have a fair bit of footage taken from outside as well. it is probably biased towards a particular two wheeling bmw, but i tried to get a bit of everyone. if anyone is interested i'll make you a dvd and pass it on at the next club night, spettacolo or whenever.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

a sharp

Yes we have a Winner Congrads Phil, Results attached, as Phil said not many runners 17 infact, 5 joined to run on the day and 4 where Juniors, Rory Sutherland was 1st junior. A great time was had by all. Thanks to all who run and all who helped. Mary many thanks for a great lunch. And Andrew thanks for the loan of the car, sorry I beat you in your daily driver, but someone made a nasty comment at lunch about my driving so I just had to make a piont. It is far easier to drive when you are 80% driving and 20% on running the event, them in the morning when it is the other way round, Phil trade the High Tech 08 WRX for a old Low Tech 94 Subi  wagon or next year I will hunt you down.
Anthony Sharp CC and Event Sec DECA 08