legendary JCA service

Started by robsm, October 30, 2019, 11:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robsm

Hi.
I have a Giulia Super with the Veloce pack picked up October  4.
Just wonderful to drive and look at  - as we all know -
There were a few niggles - saggy boot lid on the faintest of slopes, voice commands not heard, intermittent 'service damper' warning, and one whistling air vent when closed. No great drama at all one would think..
The dealer had the car the whole day ordered a new mic and updated the software for the voice and warning issues respectively.
Re saggy boot nothing done at all denied the problem until I found a faint slope on which to park and showed it happening..Right we'll do it when the mic arrives
As for the whistling air vent - 'they all do that' - WTF ??  only one side does it.  The rep fshowed me  another car that exhibited a similar noise - but two cars doth not a standard set and my response is that the second car and mine should both have the valve properly seated or whatever remedy is appropriate - but no - says the dude - that's what they do!!
So..
Does anybody else  have a aircon system where the vent emits a loud whistle when closed off? (only one side does it the other is completely silent).  Is there an easy fix ? I don't want to rip the dash off but I don't want the shrill whistle when I'm driving. Re the boot I'll use the cable tie fix in the meantime.
I had heard that JCA were committed to new higher standards of service and I hope that are. but I also hope i don't cop anymore of their bullshit.
Sorry if it's a bit of a rant  I'm very happy with the car.
Rob.

Backto105

Mark Patane
Current
1750 GTV SII TS (105) (French Blue)
2000 GTV (105) (Dutch Blue)
2000 S2 Spider (105) (Med Blue)
1963 Jaguar Mk2 (Golden Sand)
1960 MGA (Old English White)
1985 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign (Clarendon Blue)
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Conv (Sapphire Silver Blue)
2013 Jaguar XJ (Rhodium Silver

Citroënbender

Colin Edwards

Wouldn't have thought FCA service vehicles.  Isn't that usually the responsibility of a dealer?
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Craig_m67

The dealer is not interested in helping you as there is no easy "part" to replace
The dealer is lazy and completely uninterested in you, the car or your money (now they have it)

Once you understand this, process the stages of grief (for your money) you will be able to move on.
I'm sorry to say this so bluntly

By all means complain to Alfa Aust. direct (whomever they are these days) however I believe your best remedy will be hitting up google and finding out what the solution is yourself.  Then finding an indie mechanic who can service and keep the car updated, fantastic mechanics exist who can maintain these cars (with warranty)

Beautiful cars, let down by a corrupt and useless dealer network culture (most brands), which is going extinct... they don't know what to do, the writing is on the wall for them, declining profits/sales/etc
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Citroënbender

Haakon said as much in 2017, remember what happened - his posts were deleted and he was banned?

He still has the replacement car given to them after the agents could not resolve serious concerns about the first, and services it independently. And he's much happier with it away from the FCA designated experts.

robsm

...sorry FCA   - I thought it was jeep chrysler etc etc

and Google it is...

I'm on the NSW far south coast so there might not be good indie mechanics about but I'll look. Beats driving to Canberra hanging about for a day and going home with nothing done.

The saggy boot can be dangerous - it already sconned a friend who was having a look...

bonno

Hi robsm
If the car is covered under warranty then request that the gas struts be replaced or if out of warranty, then try your local club sponsors for the purchase. I have provided a link to UK supplier with how to on replacement video.
https://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/alfa-romeo

robsm