ECU reset 156 JTS

Started by Giulia, October 24, 2019, 06:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giulia

ECU reset. Do you believe in them? 156 lumpy idle on start up. Any thoughts please. Thank you.

bonno

Hi Giulia
My opinion is that by disconnecting the battery for 5 or so minutes (ECU reset) won't cure the problem you describe. My first question - Does the EMS light stay ON ?. If so, arrange a diagnostic check for fault codes and have them rectified. If no, then I would start with possible bad batch of fuel or water fouling the coil pack (check the simple things first). It is all just about the process of elimination, remembering the 3 basic requirements of fuel, spark and compression for an internal combustion engine to run.

bazzbazz

To reset the ECU on a 156 JTS you require Diagnostic software.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Giulia

Quote from: bonno on October 24, 2019, 07:19:31 PM
Hi Giulia
My opinion is that by disconnecting the battery for 5 or so minutes (ECU reset) won't cure the problem you describe. My first question - Does the EMS light stay ON ?. If so, arrange a diagnostic check for fault codes and have them rectified. If no, then I would start with possible bad batch of fuel or water fouling the coil pack (check the simple things first). It is all just about the process of elimination, remembering the 3 basic requirements of fuel, spark and compression for an internal combustion engine to run.

Thank you.

Giulia

Quote from: bazzbazz on October 28, 2019, 10:00:16 AM
To reset the ECU on a 156 JTS you require Diagnostic software.

Thank you.