For Sale: original Cromodora 'Daytona' CD 35 Magnesium wheels x 4 plus tyres

Started by Daniel, November 09, 2008, 11:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Original Cromodora CD 35 Magnesium alloy wheels x 4, plus Yokohama A509 tyres x4, as new.

Manufactured in Italy in 1973, they are extremely rare and absolutely epitomise the look of 1960s and 1970s Italian/European sports cars.

They have been dry stored for the past four years and have been family owned for the past 25.

However - on each wheel, the internal surface that sits against the hub has some corrosion. This is unfortunately common in old tech magnesium rims (basically, the magnesium reacts to the steel hubs). There is also some gutter grazing and paint chips.

Two of the wheels have been slightly machined (probably about 2mm or 3mm) on the inner surface - I believe to prevent tyre rubbing on the rear inner guards of 105 series sedans. This is not visually discernible when mounted on 105 coupes.

The corroded areas could probably be repaired by someone with magnesium welding skills, although I cannot guarantee this. On that basis, whether you use these wheels for road use, race use or display purposes is entirely up to you and at your discretion.

I am asking $1,400 for the rims and tyres. Please send me a personal message if interested.

*****Please view the pictures carefully - what you see, is what you get.*****

The full set of photos can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30862636@N06/sets/72157608786551397/