105 Windscreen - Giulia same as Berlina?

Started by werdna, February 07, 2014, 11:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

werdna

As above - anyone know if the giulia windscreen is the same as the berlina?
The giulia isnt in the system at windscreens o'brien, they seem to have almost all other alfas though!
Andrew

LaStregaNera

66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

werdna

Thanks.
Just had the idea to check on classicalfa and the part description confirms this.
BTW, how great is free windscreen cover, got a chip & crack on my GTV screen the other day. They shipped a new screen up from sydney and replaced free of charge. Pending the results, i'm happy with the service from shannons.
Andrew

Barry Edmunds

Confirming that the Giulia Ti/Super and Berlinas do share the same front screen.

GG105

PGI produce them and have them for sale for $250, I picked one up yesterday at Arndell Park NSW. Tinted but no band tint. Very reasonable I think.

John.
1959 Giulietta Sprint
1969 GT 1300 Junior
1970 Giulia 1300 TI
1975 Ferrari 365 GT4
1990 Mazda MX5
2005 BMW 330Ci
2014 Porsche Turbo

McAnnik

I'm interested in a new screen myself for my GTJ, hav'nt done any homework on supplier but I would like a tinted band version. Any ideas on a supplier/ fitter in Melbourne or a franchisee in Western Areas thereof. No great rush,the headlining is not installed yet.(Bugger of a job, but i'll get  it done!!!) thanks......................................

cjheath

Quote from: McAnnik on February 07, 2014, 09:46:42 PM
...the headlining is not installed yet.(Bugger of a job, but i'll get  it done!!!)

I remember doing mine very well, in 1987. I mean I remember it well, because I didn't do it very well  :P. Still, it has survived. Just a few fingerprints imprinted... I had vinyl-sprayed it and it was still soft. Think I used clothespegs.

LaStregaNera

Quote from: werdna on February 07, 2014, 11:54:08 AM
BTW, how great is free windscreen cover, got a chip & crack on my GTV screen the other day. They shipped a new screen up from sydney and replaced free of charge. Pending the results, i'm happy with the service from shannons.
Andrew

I got a new screen from shannons - had managed to knock something against it and broke it while it was out of the car during painting - may even been a possum's handiwork - anyway, they replaced it as it was covered under laid-up coverage!
Of course - 12 months after the fact I discovered it leaks due to the guy who installed it not applying sealant to the body side of the seal, and of course where the b-pillar trim wraps under it, water gets in... I'm inclined to not mess with it until it picks up a decent chip.

But yeah, Shannons are great re: glass.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

werdna

Sorry about the late reply. Super quick turnaround and no leaks. Can't recommend windscreens o'brien and shannons enough.

On a slightly different tangent, anyone here familiar with rain-x? picked up a bottle the other day and going to give it a whirl. I'm hoping it will give my hardworking wipers bit of a hand. They weren't quite up to the task in the downpours we had in QLD a few weeks ago.

Colin Byrne

Rain-X = Awesome

Don't use it on the road cars, but necessity for the rally car.
Fog - X seems to work also, think its just rain-x in a different bottle though...

only thing is the more you use your wipers the shorter it lasts, they also have rain-x washer bottle additive now that works OK
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Orphan

The GTV and Berlina windscreens are different. After reading this post I shipped a Berlina Screen from Melbourne to Sydney for my GTV and it definatly does not fit.
As to the person that checked with Classic Alfa to confirm that they are the same, the Part number for the GTV is GL004 and the Berlina GL021 also the sealing rubbers have different part numbers and Classic Alfa further confirms that the parts are not interchangeable! I am posting this in the hope that others are not similarly misled and the credibility of this site not lowered.

GTV-074

Orphan.... sorry to hear of your predicament but I think
You may have got mixed messages. The original question was if the berlina and Giulia
Screens were the same, which they are.

Don't know if GTV & berlina were stated to be the same. Werdna says he confirmed
With CA but his next line was about a GTV.

Anyway, throw up some pics of your car when your car when you get a chance,
We like looking at Alfa's :-)

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?