Stolen plates ALFAV6

Started by Kay_147_GTA, September 03, 2019, 01:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kay_147_GTA

So some little shit nicked my personalised plates off my car on Sunday, if you see anyone trying to sell black and white ALFAV6 plates please notify the police.

Cheers
2005 147 GTA Monza (96 of 100)

alphahall

Of course they could only be used to hang on the wall, they couldn't be put on a vehicle. And, worst of all, you won't be able to replace them, they are sort of sterilised unless you actually recover them, I don't think you can get them reissued.  On the basis of my non personalised plates having been stolen a few years back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay_147_GTA

Quote from: alphahall on September 03, 2019, 08:54:29 PM
Of course they could only be used to hang on the wall, they couldn't be put on a vehicle. And, worst of all, you won't be able to replace them, they are sort of sterilised unless you actually recover them, I don't think you can get them reissued.  On the basis of my non personalised plates having been stolen a few years back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have had them reissued to me (cost $200 for the priviledge) however until they are recovered they will forever be marked as stolen and I will be stopped by Police.

They will probably end up on someone's wall in their garage or dumped when they realise they can't do anything with them  :(
2005 147 GTA Monza (96 of 100)

kaleuclint

I imagine the Police would have the reissue on their system. 

If the culprits actually use the originals it will soon be detected through plate recognition system.  Or you'll get a tollway invoice.  The latter will also enable identification of the car they are fitted to.

In some jurisdictions (the Netherlands comes to mind) plates belong to the owner rather than the car.  When replacements are issued they include a small "2" etc. stamped on the plate to show that.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Italian Supermodel

Sorry to hear about the theft...
  Opportunists.
What I did some years back was fit these security screws. At the time they were tricky to source keeping in mind that you'd require a compatible 'bit' to fasten/remove.