Club Permit Query

Started by V AR 164, June 04, 2019, 10:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V AR 164

Hi all,

So I am looking at purchasing a 4wd in the near future (Hilux, Patrol etc) that I would like to put on club registration so I can take it out on weekends to go camping and offroading.

Now, would I be able to get said permit through this Alfa club even though it's not an Alfa or would I need to look elsewhere? I will still have my two 164's on club permits.

Cheers, Andrew
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

Colin Edwards

Hi V AR 164,
Can't foresee a problem.  As long as you are the registered owner of the vehicle and provide the required paperwork to support that claim - all good.  Must include required pictures of the vehicle.
You MUST also be a financial member of AROCA (Vic).

Just follow the CPS instructions printed within the Club Magazine (C&S).  VicRoads also has a very informative page on registering a vehicle under the Club CPS.

Colin
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

V AR 164

Thanks for the info Colin. Yeah I just didn't know if the club was limited to Alfa's only.

Leads me to the next question, and I know this is related to Vic Roads directly but I haven't found the info I'm after on the website.

I'm wanting to transfer a vehicle into my name that has been previously imported but registered in another state. Would I need any further documents (like import documents) or just transfer papers and a RWC? Obviously I would need Club Permit application papers also.

The only info I could find is pretty vague and I'm looking at a car on Monday and Vic Roads is closed over the long weekend so I thought maybe someone from here had any advice to offer.

Thanks all! Andrew.
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

kaleuclint

I have a motorcycle (not an Alfa) kindly on club permit through AROCA.

If an imported vehicle has previously been registered in another state then the hard work (import permit, valuation, GST, ADR compliance, etc.) has already been done and the relevant ID plate fitted if needed.  Should be a straightforward transfer between states.  Only an issue when state regulations differ (e.g.: LHD).

2011 159ti 1750TBi

Craig_m67

Quote from: kaleuclint on June 10, 2019, 12:18:43 PM
I have a motorcycle (not an Alfa) kindly on club permit through AROCA.

If an imported vehicle has previously been registered in another state then the hard work (import permit, valuation, GST, ADR compliance, etc.) has already been done and the relevant ID plate fitted if needed.  Should be a straightforward transfer between states.  Only an issue when state regulations differ (e.g.: LHD).

^this^

Just make sure the import approval plate is fitted and any ADR requirements (lights/childseats) are still present, otherwise it should be straight (indeed they may not even ask, or care)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

V AR 164

Quote from: kaleuclint on June 10, 2019, 12:18:43 PM

Quote from: Craig_m67 on June 10, 2019, 03:18:12 PM
Just make sure the import approval plate is fitted and any ADR requirements (lights/childseats) are still present, otherwise it should be straight (indeed they may not even ask, or care)

Ok sounds good. Thanks guys  :D
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

kaleuclint

Incidentally, importing 25 year old+ vehicles isn't as daunting as you might believe if it's a model sold new in Australia back in the day.  Simply takes attention to detail and patience.  An understanding freight forwarder helps too.

ADR compliance and plates not an issue.  Cleaning the vehicle will be!  The key thing is to get the Approval Certificate; a vehicle arriving on the docks without one won't be seized, it'll be confiscated and crushed.

Oh, and you'll need to convert your motorcycle to 'RHD'.  That'll be a change of headlight lens  ;D.
2011 159ti 1750TBi