OBD Error code P1141 Brera 939 2.2 JTS

Started by webhass, April 16, 2019, 05:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webhass

Hi advisors
Can you help please - I have been the owner of my 2010 Brera Ti 2.2 JTS for nearly 2 years now, and it has driven pretty good (& still does)....However... during that time the dreaded 'check engine' light has come on at various times prompting me to buy an OBD to clear the error code P1141 5 or 6 times. An internet error code search for P1141 reported it is a 'fuel restriction indicator circuit malfunction' and that 'the fuel/rail system pressure is too high'.  It has been suggested that I try putting a fuel injector cleaner (F10) through the tank or take it on a long run, even changing the Cat sensors? I thought I would ask for your collective expert opinion and advice on a possible cause & solution.
Thanking you in advance 

bazzbazz

You are obviously using generic software to read these codes and not any of the dedicated Alfa Diagnostic Suites.

On your car P1141 should read

P1141 - preheating resistance 1 below catalyser"

That indicates that the inbuilt heater coil in the O2 sensor is faulty, either due to bad connection or failure.

It is the lower O2 sensor in Bank 1 after the Catalyser.

I would suggest cleaning the connector & clearing the error. If it returns replace the O2 sensor.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

webhass

Thanks for your advice Bazzbazz - Would you recommend I arrange to just replace the one 02 sensor (pre-cat?) and maybe replace the other one too...and while at it, replace the 2 post-cat sensors as well? Is that going too far or stick to the one faulty 02 pre-cat sensor? Bye the way, I am nowhere near an AR mechanic and rely on my local service/repair shop. I appreciate your advice and any suggestions.

bazzbazz

If your doing it yourself I'd replace both upper units as a pair for now.

If you're getting your local workshop to do it, and can afford it, I'd get them to do all four at the same time, saves the labour cost of getting the lower ones done at a later date.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

webhass