contacts

Started by grpa9x, October 23, 2008, 03:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grpa9x

hi all,
I have been chasing a gtv6 to purchase and decided to send an email to an alfa club of australia committee member, i asked if he knew of any members who may be interested in selling their car, i have to say that the absolute lack of any sort of a reply is disappointing, now i have given him the benefit of the doubt and maybe the email was not received, but i would have thought that in order to encourage new members you have to give them the time of day.  Just my opinion :-[ :-[
cheers michael

Barry Edmunds

Michael

Sorry to hear about the lack of a reply. When and to whom did you address your e-mail and to what e-mail address? I certainly don't recall seeing any previous correspondence.

On behalf of the club (AROCA Vic) I and all other club members are always willing to help any current or intending Alfa owner as best we can. Could you please re-send your note and I will follow this through.

regards
Barry Edmunds
President AROCA Vic

alfagtv58

Michael,

I dont remember seeing an email about this ??? I usually answer any email I get within 24hrs.....and I get a few!!  Like Barry said, let him know where it was sent.....if there is a broken link it needs to be fixed.

Benefit of the doubt would be good until we get to the bottom of it!!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

AlfaHolic

Hey mate there are plenty or gtv6's on all the car sites, carsales.com, carsguide,ebay, trading post ect

Sheldon McIntosh

Also, I don't remember seeing such an email.  We all constantly get emails and calls regarding various things, and as far as I'm aware everyone is more than happy to help, we wouldn't volunteer for the position otherwise.

Hence, I noticed no-one had replied to your post earlier today re: what to look for in a GTV6, so I replied to the best of my (somewhat limited) knowledge.

Hope this helps, let us know (by PM) the details of the original message.  This is assuming of course that it was a member of the Victorian committee, you don't specify.

Cheers
Sheldon

grpa9x

thanks for your replies guys, but i would rather not say whom i sent the email too, i don't think it will be of any benefit to name names, and yes i have looked at the car guides, the only reason i sent the email is i always try and buy a club car or a car that is known to a club, i am a member of numerous other clubs and have always bought my cars this way.
cheers michael

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: grpa9x on October 23, 2008, 05:31:58 PM
thanks for your replies guys, but i would rather not say whom i sent the email too

Which is why I suggested you send the info via a Personal Message(PM).  We're interested internally to see why an email wasn't received, and how we can improve communication.

Victor Lee

Hi grpa9x,  Call Hugh Harrision 9729 9976.  He's got a GTV6 for sale.  Cheers
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

grpa9x

^^^^ hey victor lee, that number has been disconnected.
thanks michael

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

grpa9x

Sheldon McIntosh

No it hasn't.  You are calling from Victoria aren't you, and if not putting an 03 in front?

grpa9x

ok, i will give that a try, thanks again.
michael :)

grpa9x

guys sorry for the confusion with my original post , i am based in sydney and the email i sent was to the nsw branch, and certainly wasnt involving any one on this forum.
regards michael