Sub-$1K International Purchases and GST - Any Experiences Yet?

Started by Citroënbender, July 05, 2018, 09:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaleuclint

2011 159ti 1750TBi

Citroënbender

Bet you were impressed.

I dearly wish we blue collar people could be assessed to pay our taxes (including GST) in kind, even if it were rated at award wages.

Citroënbender

To update, Shop4Parts have explicitly told me they consider compliance irrelevant as their net sales to Australia don't approach the mandatory threshold.

Win.  :)

Citroënbender

Wooden spoon to Fleabay. I've been pinged about $70 in GST across two purchases this January.

Nowhere can I access a Tax Invoice to save / print, let alone one showing the GST explicitly. Nor can I find a specific point-of-contact for GST enquiries on Fleabay.

That, IMO, puts them on par with Shonky Bob who says "Oh, I left my invoice book at home, I'll drop your tax invoice in on Monday" - and predictably never does.

It will be interesting to see where this ends up!

ScottS

Quote from: Citroënbender on February 10, 2019, 08:40:03 PM
Nowhere can I access a Tax Invoice to save / print, let alone one showing the GST explicitly.
Hi CB,

Ordered some stuff through eBay from a business in the US this month. GST component shows up on the Order Details page.
'91 Alfa 33 16V QV

Citroënbender

Ta muchly for that, I think the site subtly changes format every other day!

The "Printer Friendly" page you can access off that, gets me close enough for bookwork IMO - but it has two shortcomings - it doesn't say "Tax Invoice" anywhere, and it simply says Tax - not GST.