spider 3.2 timing belt

Started by Felix Kulakowski, August 20, 2019, 07:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felix Kulakowski

I am rather embarrassed about this post but hey...the life of an Alfa owner. Ok a few weeks ago I entrusted the task of fitting a new timing/acccessories belt on my treasured Spider 3.2 to my "dear friend/mechanic" who's name I won't mention....but it rhymes with Mandrew Malumbo. Anyway we sort of got half way through the job when he sort of disappeared. Possibly to a special hotel at Silverwater. Anyway I have done my best to fit the timing belt, new tensioner, guide pulleys etc. We started the job with 3.2 valve locks at what I believe was top dead centre on the compression stroke but as this is my first timing belt I am not 100% confident on correct tensioning, valve settings etc etc. If anyone in Alfa land would like to help me finish the job I am happy to pay whatever you consider reasonable. I have made a tension pulley tool and have a pretty good tool set in general. My location is Queens Park.....near Bondi Junction and can work with whatever day/hours suit you. As always my sincerest thanks and regards for any help advice etc etc........Alfa Tragic....Felix

lombardi

I suggest you get some professional advice n help , Ring Stamatis , mobile alfa repairs  tel 0450912028 , this man knows his stuff n wont rip u $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999