Indentify this sensor

Started by Deet, December 06, 2018, 01:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deet

Can anyone tell me what this is and where its supposed to attach

Citroënbender

It's a blind termination, at a guess from position of the image, bonnet latch opening sensor for alarm spec models.

One wire only?

According to eLearn, the bonnet latch alarm connector has two pins; pin one returns to the body computer and the other (pin 2) is grounded at the right side multiple grounding point just inside the longeron front.

Deet

I am guess it is the bonnet open sensor, but I can't see where it is supposed to actually mount

bonno

Hi Deet
Not given model and year of the Alfa in question I can only guess that the sensor mechanism looks like you suggest "the bonnet open sensor". The other end of connector should be in the vicinity of the bonnet latch mechanism.

bazzbazz

It's a 147, and it is undoubtedly for the Alarm, which were never fitted to Aussie 147s so it wont be connected to anything. You'll also  find two unconnected looms under the  front passenger side wheel arch cover tucked up in the top of the guard, also for the never fitted alarm system.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Deet

Thanks bazzbazz, I did find the unused connector under the wheel arch.
I guess I just need to cable tie this out of the way and not worry about it

Citroënbender

The blind fixing should have a corresponding spot near the bonnet latch itself - lay the cable in this general orientation and the location usually shows.

Deet

I tried laying it out to see where it might fit, but couldn't see a corresponding hole
I'll just tie it out of the way for now

Citroënbender

Of the four flat headed screws that hold the front bumper beneath the bonnet lip, one is just to the right of the bonnet safety lever. On the same pressed metal buttress this bumper screw is fixed into, there is a tab with punched hole for securing either the blind terminal, or the flying lead off the bonnet latch. You can't easily locate it with the bumper fitted.