LAD 777. The Duckett 105 GTV.

Started by terminator, November 26, 2018, 07:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzbazz

Just out of curiosity, are the brake boosters new, and if so, where the hell did you get them?
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

terminator

Quote from: bazzbazz on July 31, 2019, 11:38:40 PM
Just out of curiosity, are the brake boosters new, and if so, where the hell did you get them?

No as they were when I got the car,  I don't see any info re a rebuild in the paperwork I have.

Car is finished too except for some final running in the sprigs seem to have grown an inch or 2 after being out of the car for a year  ;D

Sorry about the half out of focus photo will do better over the weekend

aggie57

Quote from: bazzbazz on July 31, 2019, 11:38:40 PM

New manufactured boosters are available.  The two I bought are branded Bonaldi but apparently they can be branded Bendix or Bendatalia, and are all from the same factory.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

terminator

Car is finished except for chasing down a few minor original clamps etc to replace non originals
on the car.

Paul Rankin (Rankings Panels) and Hugh Harrison (Monza Motors) and their respective teams did an amazing job with the car.

It has flawless external paint with no easy way to tell if it was painted or not (except for the end product) and it has no more leaks and performs flawlessly.

I picked it up Saturday in Melbourne, bad choice of days, so I spent all Sunday cleaning it again.

It has it's first outing at the Mailing Rd display with the Vic Alfa Club this Sunday

vin sharp

Superb job! I look forward to seeing LAD777 as I've heard so much about it from various people.
I'll be there with KKF280, but maybe should park it at the other end of the street...at 38,000 & 30 year old re-paint, she's practically worn-out compared to yours!
Look forward to seeing you there Terminator. (Not that I know who you are anyway, but I guess we'll find each other.)
Vin.

terminator

Your car sounds and look fantastic Vin.

I hope LAD 777 doesn't disappoint when we catch up Sunday

Cheers Clyde ( Terminator)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vin sharp

Clyde,
LAD777 disappoint?....I don't think there's any chance of that! I hope to get a few pointers for on-going tidy-up of KKF as I get to it.
PS, you are responsible for ordering the weather this coming Sunday, last weeks bloke did a terrible job!!
Cheers,
Vin

terminator

Shoot ,really I dialled up 20deg and sunny
but I see that they are also saying 8mm rain later in the day.

terminator

Finally got a shot in the sunshine showing the true colour

Paul Gulliver

I hope you & Vin got home from Maling road this afternoon before the heavens opened up . It would have broke my heart to have to drive either of those cars in the rain after the effort it would have taken to get those cars to the standard they were presented this morning. Both outstanding examples and true time capsules we are lucky to have them in Victoria . Hope to see them about a bit. As for "practically worn out"  Vin , I'm not so sure.  Gully
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

terminator

No I didn't Paul guess it gives me something to do next week.

Vin's car is fabulous and your right far from practically worn out, love the colour
a lot like slate grey from the same era of 911's and the burgundy interior compliments
it perfectly

Some great cars there today my fav was the Stratos

terminator

The rear guards clean up is complete prepsol really is an amazing product when combined with brushes and patience

Sadly I am going to have to do something about my rusty hubs, somewhat faded brake calipers and brake backing plates now as they look very sad next to all the shiny bits.

Damien Smith

I just read through from the start - such an interesting history and it looks amazing! My own car which I'm restoring is all sad and not shiny so I'm hoping to keep it that way so nothing stands out which would start an avalanche of upgrades  :)

terminator

Yes the slippery slope.

I am interested in responses to your spring thread as I didn't  want to put original springs back on the car sits too high for my liking

Backto105

Hi Clyde,

Was wondering if you were interested in selling the Turbina wheels you have there? (If you still have them)

Great job with the car!

Regards
Mark
Mark Patane
Current
1750 GTV SII TS (105) (French Blue)
2000 GTV (105) (Dutch Blue)
2000 S2 Spider (105) (Med Blue)
1963 Jaguar Mk2 (Golden Sand)
1960 MGA (Old English White)
1985 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign (Clarendon Blue)
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Conv (Sapphire Silver Blue)
2013 Jaguar XJ (Rhodium Silver