LAD 777. The Duckett 105 GTV.

Started by terminator, November 26, 2018, 07:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terminator

and the end result.

Original shocks and original springs will complete the front nicely

terminator

True to his word Ian had the tyres, rims, centre caps and lug nuts available today and we did a deal that worked for both of us.

I cleaned up the centre caps and that are as new,  not a mark scratch of anything,  lug nuts coming up great with some elbow grease too.

Rims are in perfect conditon no dings or marks but will need painting before easing the old tyres back on to them.

Paul Gulliver

" before easing the old tyres back on to them".

That might be fine if you re going to put it in a museum when you finish but if you ever plan on driving it  I wouldn't be doing that.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

terminator

Yes purely for display purposes have some new ones and different rims for driving[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terminator

Rims all back together as a set of 5 for the first time in 15 years.

terminator

Time for an update.

Paul Rankin has finished the painting last week taking great care to avoid over spray on any area that did not require painting so that as much originality is retained as possible.

Many photos taken of the black paint at the front so we can replicate it exactly as it was.

Matching the Le Mans Blue colour was difficult as it has a purple hue in some lights and a reddish tinge in others and Paul painted spare panels and another customers car
first to double check the formulation that was developed was spot on,  which to my eye it is.

Soon the reassembly begins and the race to make Easter Sunday begins........don't like my chances though.

terminator

Re assembly has begun

terminator

Racing towards the end

ossodiseppia

That is such a beautiful colour.  It's just stunning!

terminator

Hugh Harrison is taking car of a thorough clean, inspection and resealing of all the engine, gearbox, diff and carby parts to ensure the liquids stay where they should be.

Everything checked out fine as you would expect and hope for a 9000 mile car.

terminator

and now most of it back in the car.

terminator

Back running again, the exhaust was a challenge as the original exhaust had rusted from the inside so some deft welding
was required to make the 4 pieces received from Classic Alfa back into a 2 piece system like original and then it was too large
to fit in the ceramic coaters ovens.

Eventually it was done and Hugh and the team put all the pieces of the puzzle back together an relatively easy job as they had never been mucked with previously.

Now it is back to Paul to do the final polish, install the hood and a few minor trims pieces and the job is done.

bazzbazz

I think most here would agree with me when I say, "You sir, obviously have waay too much free time and money!"

Awesome job, always a pleasure to see something done right and to such a degree of workmanship.   8)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Mick A

Quote from: bazzbazz on July 30, 2019, 10:59:24 PM
I think most here would agree with me when I say, "You sir, obviously have waay too much free time and money!"

Awesome job, always a pleasure to see something done right and to such a degree of workmanship.   8)

Has to be done right for a car as special as this one.

terminator

Quote from: bazzbazz on July 30, 2019, 10:59:24 PM

Thanks for the compliment, I think :-\

I still have plenty of free time and a lot less money now. Gees I would hate to be restoring a rusty car the cost would be prohibitive now
based on my recent experience. Still this car deserves the best treatment available as I doubt there would be more than a handful like it in the world , if that many.