2015 Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio Verde Guiletta Plastic stains on rubber/door plasti

Started by Choogz, September 28, 2018, 11:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choogz

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if there is particular product that people use to preserve the plastics in the Australian climate and that doesn't stain the black plastics like mine below:

Should i apply silicone spray on the plastic to get rid of the stains and help it stay clear?

lombardi

I would not use silicone , it will run when trim gets wet on ur duco ,  try Mothers VLR ie vinyl -leather - rubber cleaner conditioner , or Turtle Ice spray wax , can be used on duco n trims .

Happy detailing
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

Choogz

Thanks  Lombardi,

I'll get some from the store and see how i go.

Have to buy a fog light somewhere as the chrome plastic plate has cracked, any suggestions ? Dealer quoted me $250 as I have to replace the whole module apparently...

philpot

https://www.autoglym.com.au/bumper-trim-gel

Hi, I use Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel, see above, on the b pillar black trim on my 1998 156, and the scuttle plastic as base of windscreen, black mirrors and trim, bare plastic strips on bumpersand between fog lights. Find it works well and nourishes the plastic, and lasts longer than silicon sprays.

Cheers, Phil
1992 33 1.7 16v QV - white     1998 156 Twin Spark - white     1990 33 1.7 16v QV - silver     1985 33 1.5 QV - silver

Past:   '81 Alfasud ti      '76 Alfasud ti

bazzbazz

Just for general information, the black trim on 156 & 147 doors is actually PAPER!

Not sure if that is the case with the Giulietta.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au