GTV owner

Started by Aussie Muscle, October 09, 2008, 04:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie Muscle

First time post, first time Alfa owner. i came here from the AlfaGTV6 forum. i live far south coast of NSW.

hiya
i bought this little sports car from Sale (VIC) in march and have been using it for a daily driver (was supposed to be a w/end car).
it's a '85 GTV 2.0. factory stock. quite a punchy engine for a 4 cyl. it's needed a lot of little things fixing on it, but luckily nothing major. note my license plate (which was RTA issued) starts appropriately with AR for alfa romeo. overall i'm fairly happy with it, but it's quite worn and probably needs a major overhaul. it's done 65,000 km.

it uses less fuel than my other car, a 2007 Ford Falcon XR8 ute.

i first started looking at alfas after seeing the Giocattolo (which is based on the sprint). then i saw a GTV cruising around town (an awesome looking black one).

AlfaHolic

Welcome mate im only new here i just bought another gtv 2L after a long spell with out alfas im back into it and loving it!

greengtv8

Welcome, and congrates on your buy! yeah, even though is carbi...they not to bad on petrol...and fun little things to drive!
Little green Alfetta gtv 1982
Fitted with:
Lexus V8 4Ltr
Supra w58 g/box
LS400 IRS rear susp.& 8 1/2' diff
Coil over's all round
Nissan R32 Front brakes
Peddle box,balance bar & adj.bias valve's
9 point roll cage(inc. engine bay)
Custom Extractors & exhaust
Custom body kit & under tray

Davidm1600

Yea likewise as the other guys have said welcome to Alfa ownership.  65K on the clock since original '85 (23 years).  If so that is superb, and really the car should be in good nick, unless it was flogged and given the photo, that doesnt seem so.  I wonder if the car might actually have been around the clock.  Any way all the best with it.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

pep105

Mate congrats and welcome, youve now been diagnosed with the disease of alfa ownership and this surely wont be your last. looks nice a nice unit - was this on ebay around march this year? this was my first alfa as well way back in 1994 - still miss it! they're lots of fun to hammer around in, plenty of spares in this day and age and still look hot. 
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Aussie Muscle

Do you really think this is your old car?  ::)   :-X
it'd be nice to track it's life. email me and i'll send you the vin to confirm it.