torsion bars

Started by alfa duk, July 22, 2018, 01:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfa duk

I am upgrading torsion bars on an alfetta. reading the manual i have identified the front and rear of the bar but want to know about the left and right being of what effect. They are not standard bars as there are no markings on them. How does Vin indicate his bars?
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

john m

There are no LH or RH markings on Vin's T Bars only front and rear. Read the the manual and watch this video, it worked for me. I placed masking tape on the fender lip and marked it, leave in place for duration of work. I also placed a mark on the hub (wheel off), measure between these points on both sides of car and record. It's irrelevant if both sides are different, this could be due to panel damage or even body flex. If you lower the car more than 20 mm  you should consider Vin's top ball joint risers, they will restore the car's front role centre, or you could set ground clearance to original height with the thicker T bars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a5UHyMb_fw

Now
84: GTV6 White-stock
84: Giulietta Red-club sprints
69: GTV1750 Red-on blocks
Then
71: Berlina 2000 man.-UK import

Colin Edwards

The bars I purchased from Vin needed drilling and tapping of the screw type extractor thread.  8mm as I recall.  The material is VERY hard.  Had it done professionally.  Well done if your new bars come pre-tapped!
Also installed Vins' knuckle risers - very effective!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5