A new 105 ready for Restoration

Started by Tim Jobson, September 29, 2008, 08:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Jobson

Hi Edward,

I have started my restoration of my 105 and have begun to post info on the Vic Web site as it seems to be the best place to get good feed back from.

I would like to try to use these posts to collate an article for the Wa magazine as I go through my trials and tribulations.   How often does the Wa magazine go out and when do I need to get articles to you so that they are ready for the next issue?

As you can see from my first progress report, I will need a new fuel tank and sender, are there any WA members that have 105s that have recently done a restoration that I can contact so I can learn from them?   I am a hands on restorer so I would like to speak to some some who has done it them selves rather than someone who has paid $$$ for some one else to do it.

Does the WA club own any equipment for the members to use, ie engine hoist?

regards tim
1975 105 GTV 2000
Past
79 Fiat Spider 2000
76 Ferrari 308GTB Dry sump fiberglass model
74 Fiat 124 Sport CC, 128SL,850 Sport

Fast Eddie

Congrats on taking delivery at least.
Firstly, this forum is National so any post you make is viewable by all AROCA AU members and from any of the individual state sites.

The WA club mag is bi-monthly like most with the next one out next week.  So, you would have until end of NOV to send me anything you want.
The forum is a great place to seek out parts as are contacting the various "sponsors" and advertisers.  WA doesnt have an Alfa wreckers as such so the usual suspects - Italian Job, Monza/Alfpa, Turin, Milano Spares, Maranello/Pursang are all worth contacting directly as would be Cilberti, AutoDelta and Auto Italia here in Perth.  You never know what people have lying around. 
The other places are O/S - IAP, Alfaholics and Highwood are worth checking out too.

Alternatively, put a "wanted" ad in the WA mag and / or newsletter (the newsletter comes out in the in between months of the mag) and the WA website itself as the National forum isnt quite as popular in WA as it is over east yet as it is a relatively new tool.

If you come to a WA club meeting and join up, i can certainly put you in front of some local members with lots of 105 experience.  Some may offer up gear to borrow as the club doesnt hold this type of assets any longer.

Feel free to contact me directly - edward@selectfs.com.au if you wish to take this discussion "offline".  Having said that, i am sure several "east Coast" members will start reading this post and start offering you advice.

Good luck!
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV