Another new member in SA

Started by baldrick, February 18, 2018, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldrick

Hi All.  About to buy a 147TS 5 door manual, the only hurdle is that the drivers seat is stuck raised up high and I'm not the shortest guy around. Ive seen the repair post by Citroenbender but If I could I would like to buy a replacement. Are these available new?

bonno

Hi baldrick
Should be able to repair/rectify sticking mechanism with the DS seat or at worst, find a good used replacement via local AR car recyclers or e-bay.

Citroënbender

Hi Baldrick,

Thank you for reading my "how to".  I read the other one (maybe on AusAlfa?) where basically they didn't actually "fix" it at all, and was so disappointed I felt no option but to have a crack myself. 

Yes, the adjusters are still listed in ePer (two years ago) but dear as poison! P/N 47302719 is your number, 450-odd Euro plus tax, Fleabay 152672508334 is better priced at €195 plus "spedizione" but still dear. 

I may be tempted to sell the "good, used" driver's rail set or even just the adjuster from my 2002 parts car.  There is a bloke umm-ing and ahh-ing over the seats but I suspect he'd make his own mounts.  Besides, he hasn't put any coin down yet. If so, I'd want about $75 plus post.

baldrick

That Citroenbender, is an offer too good to refuse. I'll grab that seat adjuster/seat mount assembly thanks. Actually what condition are the seats in? Are they black leather?... May well grab the whole set Other bits I need? Glovebox latch or lid as the chrome handle bit has fallen off, passenger-side front door power window switch & the biggie... a replacement silver front bumper. Some kind soul touch-parked it (firmly) with a tow-ball. I'm sure Ill need more in time. like a rear bumper too! First Alfa since an Alfasud Ti way back last century. Should be fun!

Citroënbender

I'll message you in relation to the laundry list there. Seats are red, though, not black and need a little TLC at the front corner seams.

baldrick

baldrick

And yes I'm now a 147 TS manual owner.... the crowd goes wild!!!!

OK thats not exciting news to most of you but I'm digging the joyful little jigger. Sweet, free-revving 2.0 litre four. Nice chassis balance and good steering and brakes.... albeit a bit underdamped (spring rates feel good though) comfortable, good looking. Yes it has a few niggles (i'll be on the 147 help board asking lots of questions soon as...) but I'm a happy camper. Even bought the car off a nice Italian chap returning to the homeland so it already has a backstory!

Baldrick