147 Door Handle Link Rod Clips

Started by Citroënbender, December 05, 2017, 06:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroënbender

Moan, moan, grumble grumble...

The green placcy clips which hold the lock and release link rods into the door lock mechanism. Are there any other cars (by make) which carry a compatible part? I'm away from my ePer and can't look up part numbers. Winding the windows down with the remote to reach in and unlock the door, is getting a bit old!

Any help (current part number or regular poster with good spares they'll sell) would be appreciated.

Citroënbender

Hitting something of an impasse here.

Can only find the upper end clips listed - those which go into the handle and lock; they are sold as a pair and numbered 71734374. The fact of their being coloured differently to the lower clips suggests the "clamping" depth may differ. Is anyone able to advise?

Citroënbender

Issue semi-resolved.

I hate re-work, but could not see a workaround. Off came the door trim and splash shield, I then moved the internal release rod and reg motor aside. Now with torch I could see the problem lay at the top of the exterior handle linkage.

So... I scraped my fingers along the bottom of inside the door. Up came pieces of broken exterior handle linkage, which were undamaged on the handle presently fitted. So the car had clearly experienced replacement of a broken driver's door handle. The yellow grommet to locate the external handle link rod had been replaced by something non-original and slightly wrong in size, such that the link had slowly walked free. I pushed the parts back together and reassembled the door panel.

So far, so good! I'll order the kit on Monday but hopefully it will go longer without needing the door apart again.