2017 AROCA Sprints Rd 9 at Phillip Island 10 Dec

Started by Neil Choi, November 22, 2017, 09:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Entry form and Supp Regs attached.
You best enter now as it is already over half full.
Beyond full, I can't help you with a spot.
It is ever so popular to close out the year's racing on a great track.

Neil

Neil Choi

Hello Alfa folks,

Just a heads up for you, I sent out invite to the event earlier in the week.  The event has filled out quickly to 80% full and as yet I have not heard from you regulars with entry, so if you are still considering, you best send me something this weekend to gain a place.  Beyond this weekend I expect it will be full and I CAN'T HELP you anymore with a spot. 

This is just heads up and to help you as an Alfa member.  Only a limited number of places left, ie less than 20.

If not coming, that's ok, no need to reply and ignore.

Cheers,
Neil

Neil Choi

Full field for the Island.  Some great Alfa cars coming, along with other marques.
Going to be great weather since we are copping the worst this weekend.
Come on down to spectate.

Neil Choi

Wow, what a great we had.  Weather was perfect, a little overcast, cool, a bit of sunshine here and there, and most of all, the sweet sounds of Alfa cars on the track.  Not many incidents other than a brief delay of a power steering fluid leak around Southern Loop and held up track processions for about 30 mins, I think that was the mandatory quiet time of the day. 
4 GTA's were on show, 916 GTV, 932 156 future TS cup contender, Mito, Alfetta GTV, Classic 105's, Alfa Sud and even a 33.  Salon of MX5's as usual.  And lots of German machineries.  And some fast Japanese toys.

Big thanks to all those who helped and ran the show.
Ross Flood, Alan Morrison, Evan Bottcher, Malcolm Powell, Clyde Hay, Peter Aird, Leon Bogers, John Rodda, Bruce Cochrane, Paul Gulliver and many many others.

Without these folks, no one gets to have fun.

So what a great day to wrap a great year of racing.

Until next time (which isn't too far away, January 21 at Broadford) see you on the track.

Neil

Evan Bottcher

Fantastic day, perfect weather, not too many mishaps.  I had to be recovered in the GTA (boo) but brilliant quick work by the recovery crew.  So different to the old days when recovery could take an hour or more.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

jayarr

Massive thanks to the folks who do the heavy lifting to organise the events throughout the year, particularly Neil whose email account must surely be groaning under the weight of incoming messages for each track day.

Have a great Christmas and new year!
Mito QV, Fiat 850 Sport, Alfetta GTV 2L
Past life: 33 1.5L, Fiat X1/9,75 V6 2.5L, GTV V6 3L 1998, 156 JTS 2L 2003