Auto Trimmers - Brisbane

Started by Kiwiboy105, August 29, 2017, 12:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwiboy105

Hi all - my interior is looking a little tired and thinking about getting it redone.  I am aware of door cards and seat cover sets in the UK but does anyone have any suggestions for someone local who does good quality interiors?  I'm on the south side of Brisbane.
"You are not a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa" - J Clarkson

aggie57

Maybe you can get the covers from the U.K. And have someone fit them locally?
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

bonno

Hi kiwiboy105
Went thru this exercise recently for my 1983 Alfetta GTV4. Depending if you want vinyl or leather, as the cost to freight, exchange rate and trimmer to fit might be cheaper to do it locally. The difficulty I had was to find a good local trimmer that would do the job at a comparable cost to buy overseas and get them fitted. It took several months to select a suitable trimmer to do the job but eventually found one. I sent out e-mails with my requirements (photos and specification of material) and had little success via this method, I physically had to do the hard yards and visit these places, talk to them and see the type of work they do. Refer to 116 category on this forum at the following link. 
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=16802.msg96435#msg96435
cheers
bonno

Bourney

Hi,

I can recommend Lee Bros at Albion. They have done work on my Sud, Golf Gti and former cars (205 Gti and Elise) with great results.

Top people as well. They are always busy.

I should point out that I am in no way affiliated with this business.

Regards David

ItalCarGuy

Quote from: Bourney on August 29, 2017, 10:06:39 PM
Hi,

I can recommend Lee Bros at Albion. They have done work on my Sud, Golf Gti and former cars (205 Gti and Elise) with great results.

Top people as well. They are always busy.

I should point out that I am in no way affiliated with this business.

Regards David

Was their pricing reasonable? I have used All Car Interiors in Lutwyche before with good results and great prices.

Kiwiboy105

Thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions.  I'll check out a couple of the local ones and go from there.  My interior is Boar Tex - the good old leather look so may consider going to leather but keeping the same look.  Price will be a factor so will see  ;)

bonno

Hi kiwiboy105
Just to give you an idea of cost of seat covers to supply from O/S refer to the following link. You then need to factor in all the other aspects to determine a comparable cost
https://www.okp.de/xtc2/105/115-Bertone/70-Interior/Seats:::3452_12815_12829.html?language=en

Kiwiboy105

Quote from: bonno on August 31, 2017, 08:21:25 AM
Hi kiwiboy105
Just to give you an idea of cost of seat covers to supply from O/S refer to the following link. You then need to factor in all the other aspects to determine a comparable cost
https://www.okp.de/xtc2/105/115-Bertone/70-Interior/Seats:::3452_12815_12829.html?language=en

Cheers Bonno.  It is certainly something to consider.  Appreciate your assistance  :)