Measurements for Stripe for 116 GTV6 Grand Prix

Started by Cupcake, August 03, 2017, 11:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cupcake

The Queensland AROCA Secretary has received the following email from a guy in Sweden chasing supply of or measurements for the stripe on a 116 series GTV6 Grand Prix. The email explains it all. If you can help, PM me, and I'll provide you with his email address.
===================================================
My name is Nihat Dizdar and I come from Sweden and I'm a member of Club Alfa Romeo Svecia (CAR).

I have an Alfa Romeo GTV6 Grand Prix -87, meaning the last model. As you  might know this particular model existed in several executions depending on which country it was sold to. The Grand Prix version that was sold in Sweden, the Be-Ne-Lux countries, Switzerland and Australia were the same spec.

Now to my problem. The grand Prix version has a very specific striping along the body side of the car which is then the same for our countries. I'm planning to repaint my car but then I will lose the striping which I don't want as it's very rare.

Could you possibly address a question to your Alfa club members if there is someone who has these stripes for sale or knows the color codes and graphic measurements of them or if someone has reproduced them in Belgium or possibly knows where I could get them.

I have attached a photo of my car so you can see the stripes that I'm after.

I would really appreciate If you could help me with my questions.

Many thanks in advance
Nihat Dizdar, member of Club Alfa Rome Svecia

aggie57

I don't recall the GP edition cars in Australia having that stripe.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

bonno

I have seen several GTV6 Grand Prix at several car shows in Canberra and Sydney,  but do not recall ever seeing one with the stripe as depicted in photo.
Cheers
bonno

poohbah

Maybe he meant to say Sweden, the Be-Ne-Lux countries, Switzerland and AUSTRIA were the same spec?
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

aggie57

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

LaStregaNera

Definitely no stripe on my Dad's very original one we had in the 90's.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

julianB

The french and Benelux cars had the stripe - maybe Dutch and German as well
85 GTV6 "Juliet"
GTA conversion-
AHM ITB setup, Jim K manifolds & 10.3 cams, M84
17" Work Meister S1R
330mm Brembo front, vented rears
RS coilovers and bits
Recaro LX mesh headrest buckets

'68 step nose Junior "Romeo"