First time Alfa Romeo owner

Started by M4RF, June 12, 2017, 07:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4RF

Picking up my first Alfa Romeo 147 this week. It's a twin spark selespeed which I am a little nervous about to be honest but fingers crossed. Always loved Alfa's since the 80s gtv and always loved the 156 and GT but came across this 147 at the right price/swaps. Anyway hopefully have it out on the road soon and looking forward to seeing a few of you guys at lakeside etc for these track days I've heard about. Cheers

nicb205

Quote from: M4RF on June 12, 2017, 07:58:11 PM
Picking up my first Alfa Romeo 147 this week. It's a twin spark selespeed which I am a little nervous about to be honest but fingers crossed. Always loved Alfa's since the 80s gtv and always loved the 156 and GT but came across this 147 at the right price/swaps. Anyway hopefully have it out on the road soon and looking forward to seeing a few of you guys at lakeside etc for these track days I've heard about. Cheers
Welcome. Have fun

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

M4RF

What Alfa do you drive Nicb? 147?

nicb205

Quote from: M4RF on June 12, 2017, 10:57:06 PM
What Alfa do you drive Nicb? 147?
159 2.2 JTS wagon.
Only had it a couple of months myself.
Loving Alfa life

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

M4RF

Finally got her home the old girl. Can't wait to for some nicer weather so I can get in there and give it a good tidy up. Nice car nic 159 and Brera are beautiful. Cheers

bazzbazz

You'll love your little 147, they are so fun to drive.

Many a parent has asked my recommendation for a suitable little hatchback for their newly licenced teen. And I always recommend they seek out a well maintained 147 as it is the perfect new teen car.

1/ It is one of THE best handling FWD hatchbacks on the road
2/ It has all the modern safety features - ABS - Dynamic Stability - and more airbags than a stuntman convention
3/ They are SO much fun to drive (its no good buying a car that the teen wont drive - the twinspark just revs its head off and the car is pretty light so it won't embarrass the new teen owner too much)
4/ And when all the seniors with cars pull into the high school car park and gather for the usual sizing up of "who's got the best hatch", it's when all the chirping of "I've got a Corolla, Hyundai, Honda BMW" is over, then the Teen can just walk by with an air of class and style and just quietly say "Phhht . . .I drive an Alfa Romeo . . . "

So if it's more fun than a barrel of monkeys for a teen to drive then the more mature of us who own one can be a big kid too!

When you have it all serviced, tuned and sorted, one glorious winter Sunday morning take it for a spin up & down Mt Tamborine or up to Maleny, you'll have a ball.

;D
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

M4RF

Cheers Baz looking forward to taking the family for a bit of run up Maleny and Montville one of my favourite little days out.

Garibaldi

Quote from: bazzbazz on June 15, 2017, 12:38:17 AM
You'll love your little 147, they are so fun to drive.

Many a parent has asked my recommendation for a suitable little hatchback for their newly licenced teen. And I always recommend they seek out a well maintained 147 as it is the perfect new teen car.

1/ It is one of THE best handling FWD hatchbacks on the road
2/ It has all the modern safety features - ABS - Dynamic Stability - and more airbags than a stuntman convention
3/ They are SO much fun to drive (its no good buying a car that the teen wont drive - the twinspark just revs its head off and the car is pretty light so it won't embarrass the new teen owner too much)
4/ And when all the seniors with cars pull into the high school car park and gather for the usual sizing up of "who's got the best hatch", it's when all the chirping of "I've got a Corolla, Hyundai, Honda BMW" is over, then the Teen can just walk by with an air of class and style and just quietly say "Phhht . . .I drive an Alfa Romeo . . . "

So if it's more fun than a barrel of monkeys for a teen to drive then the more mature of us who own one can be a big kid too!

When you have it all serviced, tuned and sorted, one glorious winter Sunday morning take it for a spin up & down Mt Tamborine or up to Maleny, you'll have a ball.

;D

I agree totally. I had a 2004 147 and loved it. Unfortunately I had to sell it to make way for my 1979 Alfetta GTV. I still miss it.  :(

bonno

Hi M4RF
Congratulations on the purchase of your AR 147 and welcome aboard again. As you probably aware this forum is a great source of information and one of the benefits,  is getting assistance/advice from other forum members in the upkeep/maintenance of your vehicle. Your local AROCA club is where to get information on local and National events/gatherings/club nights involving Alfa Romeo and suggest to visit their page regularly (information usually captured in their calendar).
Cheers
bonno